Liked: 69

Default '60's Autodynamics FV (or most of one)

I'm not really a Vee guy, but I couldn't let this one go to the scrapper. Looking at some old threads it appears to be an early Autodynamics. I have yet to find a chassis or region/logbook stamp. The car sat outside for a time, then was garage stored for several years. The P.O.was "downsizing" and had no space for the car. Transmission is late '63 and motor is early '64. All is currently stuck - soaking now to see if it frees up. The car is still sitting on ancient treaded Goodyear Blue Streaks.

Not sure how easy it will be to see, but it looks like it may have been red, white number circle and number "33". Of course, logbooks are nonexistent.

As I have several other cars/projects going already, I'm not sure if/when I will get to it. Is there enough still there to consider "restoring", or is it better off being a "donor" for others. Any insight into production date or history of the car would be great.

More /Hi Res Pictures:
    http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/jc...odynamics%20FV
    Last edited by Craig71188; 06.29.16 at 9:39 PM. Reason: Fix Pictures
    Craig Butt

Liked: 113

I am always in favor of restoring over crushing. Like anything else it really comes down to how much do you want to spend and how much time are you willing to invest. As an investment, you would be hard pressed to break even after completing a ground up restoration. Of course if you love FV's and are doing all the work yourself, I would say go for it. I have owned 2 Autodynamics and love the history of the cars. Ray Caldwell was one of the early open wheel pioneers on the east coast.

The good news is they are eligible to run at Schenley Park during the Pittsburg Grand Prix weekend, which might be reason enough to bring the car back to life. Plus the Vintage FV series in the Mid-west is second to none.

Good Luck!
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

No, the car won't go to the crusher. Worst case it will become a donor car to keep others running! Best case is we will "get around to it" eventually...
    Craig Butt

Liked: 63

Call Bill at Bigger Hammer Racing in Dallas.

He has a fleet of FV and this would be a good one for him

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

luv the mirror mounts....exactly how i did it on mine way back when

Quote Originally Posted by socaljeff3798 View Post
    Call Bill at Bigger Hammer Racing in Dallas.

He has a fleet of FV and this would be a good one for him
    I may do that (eventually) - not sure if a case could be made for shipping it down there though.
    Craig Butt

Quote Originally Posted by provamo View Post
    luv the mirror mounts....exactly how i did it on mine way back when
    I thought it was a neat idea too - but I wondered how would they be in the wet?
    Craig Butt

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default mirror location

my only victory was a wet wet wet race and the mirrors worked fine (you only see the color of the car behind you anyway)

Thread Information