Liked: 4

Default Volunteer/Mechanic for Mid Ohio races

Hello all,

I would like to volunteer to help an open wheel team just to gain knowledge and add anything I can to my personal portfolio, as well as become more familiar with the sport (I would like to purchase a formula mazda in the future). A dream come true would be working for a team some day and being able to make the same wage I do currently, however for now, I would settle to volunteer for anybody. I would travel anywhere if the travel and lodging was paid for! (Ha!)

Long story short, I am a 23 year old ASE certified mechanic for a local automotive tire shop in Southwest Ohio, with no experience working on open wheel cars. I work on my own shifter kart and track car aside from my occupation, and am very "mechanically inclined", as they say. Apart from any engine/transmission/differential overhaul on my C5 z06, I also do my own alignments using Hunter equipment, as well as damper adjustments, fluid exchanges, tire mounting, brake upgrades, and all needed maintenance that comes with wear and tear from tracking a street car. In other words, I know my way around street cars pretty well, as far as prepping them for track duty and modifying anything.

Because I work 5 days out of the week including saturdays, I just need to know a schedule in advance so I can get off of work and make sure I have enough spending money to constitute me traveling far to volunteer for a day or two. I also have my own tools, less anything formula car specific.

Edit: For what its worth, I have sold my Corvette and purchased a car to build and race in NASA's Camaro Mustang Challenge. Besides the track prep, I plan on installing and welding a roll cage my self with Nascar style door bars. I still plan to volunteer any help I can offer!

Thanks,
    Tyler Curley
    TylerCurley92@gmail.com
    Last edited by Slowfrc; 03.17.17 at 12:20 PM.

2. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 4

Edited original post. I am still looking to volunteer.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 218

Feel free to give me a call... we could always use an extra hand, and could take care of feeding you and cold beverages. Probably will be at Mid-O at least twice this year.

www.wrenchaholics.com
    916-612-7692

Cheers,

Cade
    www.wrenchaholics.com

Rental, Coaching, and Data Analysis for Great Lakes Region

Liked: 0

Default Open wheel car Formula Atlantic Ralt Rt 41

Give me a call anytime a 910-620-3383 We will be at Mid Ohio running a Ralt Rt 41 Atlantic
    and can always use some help.

Sincerely,

Patrick

910-620-3383

Thread Information