Liked: 2

Default Round #2 -- Jefferson 500

Round #2

04/26/2016 - 32 Cars and Counting!! EVEN BETTER is the current situation of only Formula Fords for the entire weekend in the run group; can any other series offer that to FF Owners?

Round 2 of the Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series sponsored by Hoosier kicks off at VRG’s ever-popular Jefferson 500 event held at Summit Point Motorsports Park, West Virginia.

Summit is the track Bill Scott built 46 years ago just as Formula Ford was taking off and is a throwback to the club tracks of the 50's and 60's, offering challenges quite different than modern layouts. The long, downhill main straight promotes drafting and passing and is among the very fastest in Eastern USA. Getting through the long carousel quickly is critical to a good lap time. Every turn challenges driver and car in a different manner; this track rewards a very well balanced car and penalizes the rest.

If you register now for The Jeff getting a good setup should be no problem – for early-bird entries by April 17 there's a free test day on Thursday, May 12 (early-bird entry also earns Series bonus points)! The test day gives you 3 sessions with 65 minutes of track time and race weekend from Friday, May 13 through Sunday, May 15, provides 7 more sessions and 2 ¾ hours of track time.

For $440 entry fee, this is one of the great bargains of vintage racing. It also includes two tickets to the Saturday night Jefferson 500 dinner, where Grand Marshall Justin Bell will regale us with tales of daring do! Lest you think Friday night dinner might be the choice between a can of warm beans or a far-away restaurant, think again! We have the FREE Royale Challenge Series cook-out with refreshments (some involving fermentation) and a really great menu, created by a Shoemaker Cup-winning racer who likes to feed people (and feed them well).

At the Friday night cookout we'll also be raffling off 3 pairs of Hoosier tires, as well as brake pads from Powerslide Motorsports. Cloverleaf Auto is providing a case of Amsoil synthetic motor oil to the participant with the longest tow. Cloverleaf is also giving us another case of Amsoil which we'll give out on Sunday to the Fordster with the greatest hardship (which we hope is equivalent to a loose spark plug wire).

It’s a really fun event and there's plenty to do and see in the historic rolling hills of West Virginia – it’s only a stone's throw away from John Brown's last stand at Harper's Ferry. All of these great reasons to come typically result in one of the largest Formula Ford fields you'll ever be in – which means great racing no matter where you are in the pack. Go to www.motorsportsreg.com to register.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 186

I have some additional crew coming in for the weekend that will need dinner tickets for Saturday night. I see on the VRG event info that additional tickets need to be pre-paid before May 1 but there is no information about where/how to pay for addtional tickets.

Who do I talk to about that?

Liked: 2

Default J500 - Dinner Tickets

Cal Trumbo is handling the dinner tickets and allocations for the J500, you can also add additional tickets on the Motorsports Registration site if needed.

If you have any more questions, just let me know!

--- Christopher Shoemaker
    Royale Racing, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by s800racer View Post
    I have some additional crew coming in for the weekend that will need dinner tickets for Saturday night. I see on the VRG event info that additional tickets need to be pre-paid before May 1 but there is no information about where/how to pay for addtional tickets.

Who do I talk to about that?

Liked: 83

Default Lucky gloves for sale!

Chris said I could tag onto this thread about the series and announce/remind that there will be an auction at the Jefferson 500 for the High Performance Heroes charity of racing gloves donated by the drivers of last year’s IMSA race series. These racing gloves were donated by some of the top drivers, not only in IMSA but from other racing, including Al Unser, Jr., Lyn St James, Scott Pruett, Jordan Taylor, Justin Bell, and on and on. We also have a nice, expensive, blue race suit donated by the Lamborghini team (size 56, I think), some racing shoes and several items of framed and unframed racing art. Please come by the HPH trailer, meet our newest driver, Sgt Patrick Brown, and buy yourself something really cool and lucky for your man-cave, or wearable in you next race!

Dave Kinsey
    Last edited by DK540; 04.27.16 at 1:56 PM. Reason: removing software marks

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information