Liked: 20

Default 2016 US F4 Teams List

Name: Primus Racing Team
    Address: 3220 28th Street North, Suite 4, St. Petersburg, FL 33713
    Phone Number: 727-289-6023

Does anyone know if this team is associated with Jon Baytos, or another Baytos, or someone else?
    Last edited by Parker; 03.27.16 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Format

USF4 website just answered my question.
    Over a span of 30 years, Primus Racing has won dozens of titles in several racing series. This season, Jon Baytos and his team operate race cars in four series, including the F4 US Championship. Three F4 US drivers will compete for Primus in the 2016 Championship.
    Jon owes me money from a broken contract and he's finally poking his head out from his rock. Can anyone from the St. Pete Fl. area please help me turn the screws on this slippery person?

I've talked to many people about this issue, but so far, no one has come forward with enough leverage to do much.

SCCA Pro Racing President and CEO Derrick Walker knows of my issue, but assures me that it is SCCA Pro policy to not get involved with this sort of dispute.

Brad Baytos of Primus Racing Parts knows of my issue, but assures me that he and Primus Racing Parts have nothing to do with Primus Racing.
    See here for reference: http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62327

Any help getting this resolved and showing Jon the right thing to do would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you, Anthony.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Primus Racing Parts car.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	62841  

Liked: 177

Brad at Primus Racing Parts has been very good with us and more than willing to work out any issue.

It is a shame that his brother apparently fell far, far from the tree.
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

4. The following members LIKED this post:

dsmithwc04, maybe the picture was too subtle.

Whose team is running the cars with the Primus Racing Parts sticker on the side?

I certainly can't speak about the tree, but my impressions are that the apples are quite close to one another on their journey.

Anthony.

I was merely giving feedback on an encounter that I had with Primus Racing Parts. Others have also had good experience with Brad.

Brad sold me a new set of AR tires for my FE. They arrived and the rears were not matched in circumference well which really can't be known until after mounting. Brad paid for the dismount and mounting fee plus shipped me new tires at no cost to me and then supplied a prepaid shipping label to return the tires that were not matched (which is an American Racer problem we FE guys have grown tired of). To me, that's above and beyond customer service. Had a problem with another AR set from a different vender and was not pleased with the difference in circumference on those as well but I had to live with it.

Then, I had to chose between running Road America or Road Atlanta for our last race of the season. I wasn't expecting to run that race and didn't have the budget for new tires, but Brad was willing to ship me tires for free and let me pay him back when I could. Name another tire vender who would even think of doing that? I bet you have more fingers on your one hand than names of vendors you can come up with.

We ended up running Road America on tires from the Gingerman Majors race, but really appreciated Brad attempting to help us out.

All the above is my experience, yours may vary and I make no attempt to undermine your specific problem. However, your problem was with Jon specifically right? I'm sure glad people who know one of my brothers don't judge me based on his actions, I'd be in deep trouble to say the least.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

Quote Originally Posted by dsmithwc04 View Post
    I was merely giving feedback on an encounter that I had with Primus Racing Parts. Others have also had good experience with Brad.

Brad sold me a new set of AR tires for my FE. They arrived and the rears were not matched in circumference well which really can't be known until after mounting.
    It can be, just not at the cost we will pay. I think it's GY but maybe Firestone, has an article about how they size tires for drag racers. At the top levels the car is tuned with the clutch and it's important to select specific tire diameters.

There's this company makes a "tire dyno" or whatever they call it, it's essentially 2 discs on a central shaft, that act as rim halves. You clamp the tire and inflate without having to mount the tire. It's marketed to circle track guys, I guess they want to fine tune stagger. It's stupid expensive for what it is, but just imagine how much time it saves.

Brad paid for the dismount and mounting fee plus shipped me new tires at no cost to me and then supplied a prepaid shipping label to return the tires that were not matched (which is an American Racer problem we FE guys have grown tired of). To me, that's above and beyond customer service.
    wow. That is way beyond above and beyond, that is just crazy. The margin on tires is too thin to absorb shipping, returns, etc. Brad lost money on that sale, even if he can save the returned tire to match with another set later.

Quote Originally Posted by mousecatcher View Post
    wow. That is way beyond above and beyond, that is just crazy. The margin on tires is too thin to absorb shipping, returns, etc. Brad lost money on that sale, even if he can save the returned tire to match with another set later.
    Yup, obviously he can't do that all the time but my rear tires were a bit over 2" difference in circumference! Great customer service and will do business with again without a second thought.

Thread Information