Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 160

Peter, Who is Stan? Will he be at VIR? If so, please introduce him to me. Thanks.

Fitfan, My personal experience with the Avon's is they DO fall off a cliff! I ran Dunlop's for years and only found a 2-3 tenths difference at most tracks between new and well used (two year old).

I chased a mid corner oversteer problem this past year at Lime Rock using the Avon's (they had 4 weekends on them) until I put on a new set and found 2 seconds a lap!

I can't wait to try the Hoosiers. I will likely run my existing Avon's at VIR and buy a new set of Hoosier's at Summit point in May.

Cheers, Joe

Liked: 67

Quote Originally Posted by pooch776 View Post
    Peter, Who is Stan? Will he be at VIR? If so, please introduce him to me. Thanks.

Fitfan, My personal experience with the Avon's is they DO fall off a cliff! I ran Dunlop's for years and only found a 2-3 tenths difference at most tracks between new and well used (two year old).

I chased a mid corner oversteer problem this past year at Lime Rock using the Avon's (they had 4 weekends on them) until I put on a new set and found 2 seconds a lap!

I can't wait to try the Hoosiers. I will likely run my existing Avon's at VIR and buy a new set of Hoosier's at Summit point in May.

Cheers, Joe
    Joe, Stan and I met a LONG time ago in Tarheel Sports Car Club. He even hosted for several years a really cool and really fast Solo II course on his personal test track!

He'll be at VIR and I would be delighted to introduce you two...
    -Peter Krause
    1984 Tiga SC
    www.peterkrause.net
    "The Driver is the Greatest Performance Variable in the Racing Equation"

Liked: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Layabout View Post
    CORRECTION: The events to which CFs are being considered are the two Thunderhill events on April 29-May 1 & October 28-30 & not the races at Sonoma.
    Reminder: CSRG is accepting Club Ford entries for our Thunderhill Season Finale on Oct. 28-30. I realize there are SCCA races right around that period, but hopefully some of you can make it.

The Saturday night awards dinner at the Willows Memorial Hall is included in the entry fee. I happen to think it's a lot of fun--decent food & wine--plus the evening isn't your typical awards event where people become addicted to the microphone.

Ethan Shippert is your contact, or you can message me & I will try to answer your questions, or failing that, route you to Ethan.

Hope to see you there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information