Liked: 105

Default Canadian Historic Grand Prix

For all those driver that would like to participate in a spectator event, now is you chance.

The 2016 Canadian Historic Grand Prix will have a full FV/F1200 Grid for the weekend. This will be part of the season schedule for both the Challenge Cup Series and The Millers Oils F1200 Series.

We are expecting a very large turn-out for the event, to be held at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Formerly MOSPORT) June 17,18,19.

This is also you opportunity to try out the Radial Tire Package.

This annual event draw thousands of spectators out.

There is 3 full days of racing available.

Thursday - Test day (Extra $250 CDN, $175US)

Friday - Practice, Qualifying, Race 1

Saturday - Race 2, Race 3

Sunday - Race 4, Race 5

Rumour of a special race available with the Monoposto Cars, F1200 (FV), F1600 (FF) on the track at the same time for a "Fun" non points race. To be held on Saturday before the feature Race of the day!

***If the current exchange rate remains at current levels, the weekend will cost US drivers 40% less in US funds.....

Please feel free to reach out if you have an questions or would like more information.

https://youtu.be/Ci7Ue1UUs8M
    Last edited by nbrigido; 01.25.16 at 11:56 PM.
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 17

Quote Originally Posted by nbrigido View Post
    For all those driver that would like to participate in a spectator event, now is you chance.

The 2016 Canadian Historic Grand Prix will have a full FV/F1200 Grid for the weekend. This will be part of the season schedule for both the Challenge Cup Series and The Millers Oils F1200 Series.

We are expecting a very large turn-out for the event, to be held at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Formerly MOSPORT) June 17,18,19.

This is also you opportunity to try out the Radial Tire Package.

This annual event draw thousands of spectators out.

There is 3 full days of racing available.

Thursday - Test day (Extra $250 CDN, $175US)

Friday - Practice, Qualifying, Race 1

Saturday - Race 2, Race 3

Sunday - Race 4, Race 5

Rumour of a special race available with the Monoposto Cars, F1200 (FV), F1600 (FF) on the track at the same time for a "Fun" non points race. To be held on Saturday before the feature Race of the day!

***If the current exchange rate remains at current levels, the weekend will cost US drivers 40% less in US funds.....

Please feel free to reach out if you have an questions or would like more information.

https://youtu.be/Ci7Ue1UUs8M
    Of course, in our region (NeR) we have that weekend, Lime Rock, which is a NERRC, NARRC & NeDiv points race.
    HOWEVER - I do have 2 questions.
    First, I saw the fee for practice. How much for the event?
    and 2nd, most important, will we be running by "ourselves"?

.you never know ...
    John
    John Ferreira
    FV 15

Liked: 109

John. We will be racing our own race group. the two combined groups are the 1200 cars and the challenge cup cars. All are on the radial tire package. There may one optional race with a mixed group.

Still to be confirmed but it will be about $600 CDN or 420 US for the weekend.

As Dean mentioned it will be a FV/F1200 grid.
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Liked: 47

Noel,
    Is that correct - 5 races for Challenge Cup/F-1200? Also, will Hoosier-shod and vintage Vees be running with us?

Liked: 17

Another Question:

1. Will passports be needed for US Citizens to get into and out of Canada (I am assuming yes)
    2. Does one need to have a detailed list of equipment in the trailer?
    3. Can I bring my own fuel?
    4. Other border questions ?

John
    John Ferreira
    FV 15

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4358

Quote Originally Posted by nhJohn View Post
    Another Question:

1. Will passports be needed for US Citizens to get into and out of Canada (I am assuming yes)

John
    You need a passport or enhanced drivers license to get back into the US. The Canadian border guys often ask about criminal convictions, which prevents many of the Pro race mechanics from doing Canadian events. They do include ancient DUIs.
    If you like paperwork and talking to officials, then you can stop and get your list stamped when leaving the US and show it when returning. If you don't think you have anything that someone will think you are sneaking over the border, then just go and be honest with what you are doing.
    I have taken many jugs of race fuel back and forth without question. Not sure on specifics but I don't advertise it.
    Any issues, which would only be minor, will be forgotten once you do a few laps at Mosport.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by fvee62 View Post
    Noel,
    Is that correct - 5 races for Challenge Cup/F-1200? Also, will Hoosier-shod and vintage Vees be running with us?
    Yep 5 Races, While not fully decided looks like only 3 races will be counted for points.

On top of the 5 Races there will also be the "Fun" one to be held Saturday before the Porsche main event with the Monoposto Cars, F1600's, and FV/F1200's.

Honestly if any driver shows up in a FV they will be allowed to race with us. While they might not be counted for points.

I think we can all agree this will be a very large field of cars and a great Fun race weekend.

Want to try racing Mosport - Time to Come Out
    Want to race a spectator event - Time to Come Out
    Want to try the Radial Tires - Time to Come Out
    You want to have fun and race - Time to Come Out.

Drop all the politics, sign up and come racing... Let's put on a show!
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Quote Originally Posted by nhJohn View Post
    Another Question:

John
    I think Greg covered off most of the issues. What I can tell you is most of the Challenge Cup drivers did cross the border last season, twice, without issue.
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Liked: 47

Besides showing passports and answering a few questions, there was no problem crossing back and forth for both the Mosport and Shannonville trips last year. I did however have to show the U.S. agent the car in the trailer coming back from Mosport. I think he was just bored and just wanted to look at the car though.

Liked: 200

Just to touch on the vintage vees...there are typically only 2 or 3 vintage vees racing at this event, and they usually race with the small bore sedans (sprites, midgets, etc). The modern cars are 10-15 seconds a lap faster...some of that is due to the car, some of it due to the nut behind the wheel...bottom line is they have more fun and are more comfortable in the slower small sedan group

All that being said, F1200 has never run at this event before, so a larger 1200/Vee grid may attract the vintage folk to join the fun.
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Registration is now open!!!! for the Canadian Historic Grand Prix.

Thursday, Jun 16 — Sunday, Jun 19, 2016
    Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Bowmanville, ON

We are very pleased to have two "guest" grids; The Toyo Tires F1600 Championship and the Formula Vee Spectacular (including the Millers Oils Formula 1200 Series and the Challenge Cup Series).

Very attractive price for the amount of track time. (CDN FUNDS)

1st race class entry $595 (additional class entries available for a discount)
    Optional Thursday test day $275
    Optional Thursday orientation or instructed lapping sessions $325

Registration can be found.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...1#.VsO9-iorI_U

For more information

http://varac.ca/chgp/2016-chgp/
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by nbrigido View Post
    Registration is now open!!!! for the Canadian Historic Grand Prix.

Thursday, Jun 16 — Sunday, Jun 19, 2016
    Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Bowmanville, ON

We are very pleased to have two "guest" grids; The Toyo Tires F1600 Championship and the Formula Vee Spectacular (including the Millers Oils Formula 1200 Series and the Challenge Cup Series).

Very attractive price for the amount of track time. (CDN FUNDS)

1st race class entry $595 (additional class entries available for a discount)
    Optional Thursday test day $275
    Optional Thursday orientation or instructed lapping sessions $325

Registration can be found.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...1#.VsO9-iorI_U

For more information

http://varac.ca/chgp/2016-chgp/
    Just as a note, a late fee of $95 kicks in on June 1st!! if they have not received your payment before then.
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Liked: 23

Default Late fee ?

Last year, we entered thru Motorsport Reg..... but paid at the track..

Would early registration, and at track payment suffice to avoid the late fee?

Thanks

dennis

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Default Entry fee(s)

I've always wondered why the myriad number of race organizations with that: "please come and race with us." But send in your money/registration "just" one day late and they hit you for a late fee. One would think that in the age of the computer, the work load is at a minimum. Yes, they're volunteers, bless their heart and sole. Their volunteer work effort is much appreciated and I can understand that the registrar does not wish to be inundated with trackside late entries. But, do they realize the expense the typical entrant pays for that weekend's activity. How many entries fail to enter simply because they just couldn't be sure they would be able to make that weekend. And, subsequently don't mail the entry in... to take advantage of the early discount for fear that a "no show" generates the withholding of a certain amount of funds, typically about $100 bucks. Thankyou...your welcome.

I'm not familiar with the above listed organization. So, my comment is not directed towards them. Just look'n for other driver/owner's comments on and particularly the withholding of funds (not reimbursable)for a "no show."

Liked: 58

Quote Originally Posted by WNYVeeRacer View Post
    Last year, we entered thru Motorsport Reg..... but paid at the track..

Would early registration, and at track payment suffice to avoid the late fee?

Thanks

dennis
    When I registered I had to give them the credit card info, so I assume it avoided the late fee and they will charge me when they want to.

Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Thread Information