Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 902

For Sale March 78B On Sale. Race Ready. Now US$52,000 with spares

SOLD!

Thank you all for the help, advice, kind words etc. Thanks ApexSpeed for a great forum.

Car is on its way to England on Monday. Buyer was a treat to deal with

Cheers,
    BT

Sale pending.........

Guys. I appreciate the recent interest in the car. I am dealing with a UK buyer at this time, so logistics may take a bit of time. I have every reason to believe that the transaction will close, and will update this advert accordingly....

Cheers,
    BT

See the new price folks. Step right up and grab yourself a lovely FA car. To recap:

- Real history in both FA and Can AM (see Ten Tenths for the Can Am part)
    - Fresh Ivey (two full race weekends)
    - Huge spares package (read description below)
    - Only the best bits....
    - Straight, on the button, ready to go
    - Can provide at extra cost spare (fresh) BDA cylinder head, rods, flywheel, cam carrier, cams, pulleys, etc. Add pistons and block, pump and pan for your very own spare BDA!
    - Will consider keeping all/part of the spares package for a reduced price.

I'd like to see this go to an Apex member, but will soon be faced with the inevitability of putting it up on RaceCars.com.

Best,

BT

It seems as though cars are selling, and I am wondering if its the old "Canadian" border issue that deters folks. FWIW, I have never had an issue bringing a racing (special purpose, not a production vehicle) car into or out of Canada, but if that is a concern AND you're interested maybe we could have a discussion. Regardless, the price is lowered, again, and I would like to sell the car if possible. As stated earlier, there is a huge spares package, and I'm willing to separate the spares from the car if needed. Girls' tuition is calling.

Cheers,
    BT

Always a Canadian car, was Bill Brack's spare car in 78. Rented by Jacques Villeneuve for a race (the brother, not the son), and amazingly not crashed. Went on as a centre seat Can Am car for 1984-1986 years as the Hart-powered Photon driven by Jeremy Hill (a very nice fellow) - you can find it's history online pretty easily. Raced in U2L in both Canada and US.....

I found this car years ago as an, ahem, "restored" formula Atlantic car (wrong body, wrong wing, duff engine, crap gearbox etc). It then underwent a significant restoration (brand new body, wing, Ivey engine, all electrical, all aircraft hardware, x-rayed castings and welds, all new suspension (nickel), rebuilt Koni shocks, rebuilt FT200 with perfect case, new Taylor axles and CVs, MSD with chips, new discs, new subframe, jet-hot header, rebuilt rack, ARP- centre axles, fire system, belts, new ally rad, seat, all hydraulics, new discs, new fuel cell, new front tray, rebuilt uprights, new gauges and tach, wiring blah blah blah). There is a lot that I am forgetting for sure.

An interesting piece on the car is a CAST front bulkhead. Many of these cars have been sidelined by a stamped ally bulkhead made mostly of jelly. Those of you with experience with this model know exactly what I am talking about! As I have some experience in casting racing parts, I commissioned a cast ally replica of the stamped part - this one will NEVER wear out. Spares of these are also available, at significant cost (I don't own them, but could refer you to the builder). Safe to say, I spent a fair bit on the car making it safe and sound.

Very large spares package. New slicks mounted (March and Revolution, your choice), mounted new (but old!) rains. Four corners of spares, used (but very good) suspension, new rear uprights, new front uprights . Drawer full of perfect Hewland spare gears, incl. on-shaft first spare and slide on first gear spare shaft as well. Many new small spares (stub axles, shear plates, steering clevises). All original mag bits included (underbox "H" section, rear crossmember). Spare original mirrors, 2 rear bulkheads, original serviceable front bulkhead, sidepod mag castings, rear subframe, front hoop, wing end plates, etc....

Raced three weekends post restoration before life, then illness, intervened. Haven't got back to it due to other commitments, although it is in truly race ready condition. You could safely race this car tomorrow. If it does not sell, I will race it at the Canadian Historic GP this summer.

NO original logbooks, but chassis tag remains there as does the SCCA ID decal. Jeremy has confirmed that this is his old car, as had Bill years ago. The logbook I had issued when I returned the car to racing some years ago was stolen with a bunch of my gear from a trailer break-in (!), like race data and logbooks would be of use to anyone......Jerks

I don't think US$60,000 is crazy for this car, and don't really need to look at deep discount offers. What I need to do is pay for private school for my girls!

I can send pictures to parties, as requested. Short video of car idling is available, although I'm not sure what that really shows folks . But it sounds pretty good!

(If you need to sweeten the deal, I can add-in a driver-quality 1968 MGB for $4,000 more). Think of the possibilities!!!!!!!!!!

cheers,
    Bill Tebbutt
    416-360-7888x4 (try this first pls)
    or cell 416-988-0540
    Last edited by billtebbutt; 12.09.16 at 1:40 PM. Reason: Sale pending

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 384

Picture speaks a thousand words....
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

Default Pics of March 78B

Guys, I hope I have uploaded these correctly. Warning: photography isn't really a strong suit of mine.

Also, the pic from the front of the car, nose on, is deceiving. It looks as though the nose is all distorted. I assure you that this is reflected light only, the nose is as new and never hit.

Cheers,
    BT

IMG_20150927_150546.jpg

IMG_20150927_150611.jpg

IMG_20150927_150619.jpg

IMG_20150927_150627.jpg

IMG_20150927_150638.jpg

IMG_20150927_150649.jpg

IMG_20150927_150656.jpg

IMG_20150927_150753.jpg

IMG_20150927_153109_hdr_edit.jpg

IMG_20150927_150829.jpg

Liked: 952

Wow Bill,

Absolutely beautiful car!

So glad you have your stick back on the ice!
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Classifieds Super License teamwisconsin's Avatar
    Liked: 565

Lovely car, giveaway price. Someone should snap this up quickly. Comps are going for 75-90k out here in California.
    Ethan Shippert
    http://shippertracingservices.com
    https://www.norwestff.com

"l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!"

7. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by billtebbutt View Post
    Rented by Jacques Villeneuve for a race (the brother, not the son) and amazingly not crashed...
    Completely unfair shot at L'Oncle Jacques. He drove some cars that he probably shouldn't have and arguably that hurt his career but he drove sh!tboxes and good ones alike with nothing less than full commitment; accuse him of being a proper racing driver. Living in Gilles' impossibly large shadow and the weight of expectation that would come with that must have been tough at times...

Beauty car, GLWS
    Last edited by a. pettipas; 05.16.16 at 8:16 PM.
    aaron

9. The following 2 users liked this post:

Default Re Jacques

Fair enough. Growing up in Canada I saw a bit of smashed up stuff in his hands. HOWEVER, I believe he was indeed the first Canadian to win an Indy car race, and that is no mean feat! So yes, a real racing driver indeed.

cheers,
    BT

11. The following 2 users liked this post:

Default More than one way to skin a cat

Much interest, many compliments (thank you all). Sadly, no real offers.

So I get to thinking that I can liquidate the massive spares package myself. Maybe someone out there wants a complete car, with one set of spare wheels, but doesn't want to spend the dosh on what is admittedly a spares package I put together that is indeed "over the top".

US$52,000 with a spare set of wheels. Will still throw in the MGB for US$3,000 extra. Think of the possibilities.

Cheers,
    BT

Default Price revised - see posting

!

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Had one. Loved it. I'm surprised this is still available at this price. If I wasn't in the middle of a complicated total restoration I'd buy this car in a heartbeat

Liked: 43

Default Send the kids to public school...

and keep the beautiful car!!

I went to public school in Oakville - I turned out OK!

I'll by a lottery ticket tonight... if that doesn't work out I hope to see you at Mosport in June!

best of luck!
    1972 Mallock MK12 F3 (ex-Ray Mallock / Alf Zeller)

https://www.facebook.com/ZellerRacing

Default March 78B Was Visited........

.....By Jeremy Hill last week. Reunited the Photon Can-Am driver with his underlying Atlantic car at our house. Jeremy was very informative about the suspension mods he made to the car in period (camber adjusters, lower rear triangle links in place of the original "Super Spinner" lower rear parallel links, etc). I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I thought he felt the car looked okay.

I am suggesting without having asked Jeremy, if anyone wanted a view on the car, they may think about firing off an email to him. Jeremy, I hope I don't upset you by doing this!

Price still firm.

Cheers,
    BT

Liked: 229

I have personally had ex Tebbutt race cars come through our shop and I can attest to the attention to detail Bill takes when building his cars. I have seen this car in person and it is every bit as nice as the photos suggest. Someone will get a fantastic example of a golden era Atlantic car.

Brian.

Default March 78B - See Updated Price

Liked: 0

Default Fb spares

Interested in some bits. We should discuss.

Default SOLD - Thanks Apex!!!!!

Thread Information