Liked: 2

Default 2015 US Vintage Nationals FF Data

Hi guys, this is my first post. I want to start by saying how much I enjoy these SVRA events (and all historic and vintage racing for that matter), the staff and the people involved.

Like everyone else here I am spending my post tax dollars to come away racing for fun. I (we) just want to throw our cars around for a few days, enjoy a few beers and roll everything back into the trailer at the end of the weekend. Vintage racing is the only avenue left for us to do this.

Unfortunately there is a vocal minority that have continued to question the legality of our equipment, but never once in person I might add. I was thrilled when tech showed up yesterday and measured our bore, stroke, compression and the cam in our cars, which are all within spec.

I also thought it would help by uploading some data for people to overlay from the qualifying race (our fastest session of the weekend). I have attached a DropBox link with the native TraqMate data, a CSV file in case anyone wants to import it into their software and some simple screen shots.

Unfortunately our GoPro footage didn't record so I don't have that from the same session to include. If I was able to you would see that we were blessed with the perfect draft from one of the slower Formula B cars just in front of us for the whole race.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dcoqo66upz3xszo/AAC8G5FVltOM78PqGhOwPZi5a?dl=0

I hope this clears up any ill feelings.

Cheers,
    Wade
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 12

Hi Wade, how did you and Ryan do?

Liked: 143

Most of those who run in the front have legal cars. Congratulations for all you've done for and with vintage FF racing. Please consider the VRG Jefferson 500 next May, very fast cool group of people, oh and the beer is pretty good too

Scott

Liked: 7

Default Legal

Congrats guys.

I will say that I've worked my tail off just to stay within a couple seconds of these guys and never once thought they were cheating.

The braking traces on the data are impressive.

Now, get back to Road America so I can keep chasing you. One of these days I'll make it to COTA for this event.

Steve

Liked: 0

Thanks for posting this Wade! I've got a Traqmate as well so maybe I can learn something...my gear ratios in particular could have been better. You guys were flying, congrats on the win.

Mitch

Contributing Member
    Liked: 22

Default Real racing drivers

For the record, I work with Ryan Lewis driving the Jaguars, and as a Kiwi I'm very aware of Wade Cunningham's ability in a racing car! Having suffered as the recipient of exactly the same claims of illegality way back in the day while winning the NZ formula Ford Championship I understand the frustration. It seems today everyone believes being a racing driver just requires "money" to buy a car, a coach, and a sizable ego born often from leading a corporation to success for example. It is baffling that the same guys don't believe for a moment they could bat like a superstar from the Mets.....but somehow they believe being a proper racing driver is attainable. It's time for folks to realize some individuals are just "very gifted"when it comes to driving. The healthiest way to look at the situation in historic FF is to be grateful to have talented real racing drivers involved. What better way to learn, than be able to observe a FF being driven at the absolute limit as it was designed to be.

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 56

Default Pure Talent

I was fortunate to start behind Wade and Ryan in my Swift PCF car. I was in awe of the talent and car control display the two of them put on in front of me. I now realize the level of skill that is required to lap a treaded tire FF below 2:30.

Earlier in he weekend, I stopped by the Jay Creech Motorsports tent to get a glimpse at their cars up close. Jay invited us in and graciously tolerated all of my "newbie" questions. The level of car preparation matched the skill of the drivers.

I will add my congratulations to Wade, Ryan and Jay. You guys have raised the bar and set a high benchmark that I can use as a goal and to measure my progress as a new driver.

Well done, gents!

Glenn

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 45

Wade and Ryan are hoodlums
    Dave Freitas Racing
    www.davefreitasracing.com
    df.racing@verizon.net

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Quote Originally Posted by DFR Dave Freitas View Post