Liked: 126

Default Group Buy?: SADEV SL75 LW/F4

This is a complete long shot...

Is there any interest in the SADEV sequential F4 box. Significant discount if bought new in a group of 10.

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

What would be the application?

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

QUOTE=BeerBudgetRacing;489369]What would be the application?[ QUOTE]

spare for your new F4 car of course!

Liked: 48

Default Another option

I am currently working on a LD200 replacement Gearbox! have been for some time actually
    The first ones are due to be complete by Christmas 2015
    features inboard CV drive like the Hewland FTR/JFR (similar but not the same)
    a different side bearing arrangement as well as diff to use the much larger bearings of the FTR/JFR

As an added benefit the cases will be available in either standard Aluminum or optionally Magnesium (to save almost 6 lbs on just the main case alone)

AND this new main case has been designed with a future upgrade to a sequential in mind. internal parts kit and the "bearing carrier" casting being the bulk of the parts needed to make the switch. (if rules finally allow a sequential gearbox in FC 4,5,6 speeds doable)

The mounting and wishbone mounting point interfaces have been preserved and therefore is a true drop in replacement box for the current Hewland LD200 gearbox the only interface parts that would need to switch would be the drive axles (as they will need to reach into the gearbox thus longer) which we will offer to anyone who needs them

I was going to try to keep this under wraps till we had them on the shelf ready to send out but to save some who might be willing to go down a path of developing a totally new rear of the VD and other cars, this is another option

The PRICE tag ?? that is the question of the hour, with Hewland LD 200 boxes well over $12K this box will be offered complete with aluminum diff for less than $9900.00 USD
    with room to reduce for a 10+ group buy
    Options for REM and cryo treated parts as well as Magnesium Case parts available right at time of purchase

Okay there it is, AN OPTION to the HEWLAND LD200 box that fits cars already in circulation at a much better value.

Plans were for 15 boxes before JAN 2015 unless demand is there we could do more
    friend us on FaceBook search "velocity haus"
    like on facebook search "velocity haus Engineering"
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Default Pictures ... everyone likes pictures !

Here are some pictures of where the project was 3-4 months ago
    castings are underway now !
    A lot of the machined parts are also underway NOW!

The 3D printed parts were used to do the first feasibility stuffy and then subsequently patterns made and adjusted for material shrinkage after that to do the casting work etc
    Last edited by greg pizzo; 03.15.17 at 2:34 PM.
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Application is for the 2011 RFR slider I just bought.

Even with the grunt of your intended power plant I believe this would work for you Rob and the rest of the integration might be a lot simpler
    The diff and all will be better than what is currently in the LD 200

I understand you want a sequential and that is where ultimately this is headed
    the "H" pattern parts would be made first but the sequential shouldn't lag that far behind
    still well before the snow melts !
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Quote Originally Posted by RobLav View Post
    Application is for the 2011 RFR slider I just bought.
    What about the Elite box:
    http://www.eliteracingtransmissions....eed-h-pattern/

A bit more robust....

I think that translates into approx. $7500 right now (maybe less of their posted price includes VAT)

I had written a bit earlier, but it seems Apex crashed during that. It was something like this:

Thanks all for comments. The Elite box seems to be an updated Staffs. I previously had a car with one of those... and would rather not do that again.

Greg's efforts look pretty promising. I'd be interested to find out which gears are going in it and what the torque rating is. It'll definitely be an easier replacement.

At some point soon, we'll be needing LD200 replacements. Looks like the SADEV is also a strong candidate given their success in Europe and F4. 179 ft-lb torque rating looks pretty good too. I'm currently researching possible engines, and the Honda K20A is looking pretty good. 200 HP is about what I'm looking for.

Liked: 282

How about the Hewland sequential used in the USF2000 cars.
    Just throwing it out there.

Fred

The sequential that is in the USF2000 cars is the Hewland JFR but it is a "SPECIAL" (bespoke) JFR made just for the USF2000 series so that all the parts had to come from Carl Haas and the series. That case was redesigned to have the "feature" such that if the damage occurred at the back of the car say backing into a wall or getting hit from behind the maximum $$ were needed to fix the gearbox

The mechanism that actuates the shift barrel inside the box was moved to the rear cover so instead of the bill being just the rear cover at about $400.00 it was much more expensive than that (in the thousands)
    Previously the gearbox was designed to have all that in the main case, so a small hit to the rear was just that a small hit.

However that redesign made making the upper rear wishbone pick up design much more straight forward

I have attached some photos that have mark-up to high light some major points of interest
    the axle flanges are different from the NON-USF2000 JFR, the JFR the rest of the world has has CV cups inside the gearbox, this would have required the use of an ALREADY used axles that Carl Haas had in inventory they just didn't know it, as well as the boot parts

The upper rear pick up parts I made used the same rear ARB parts as before as well as upper rear wishbone, additionally you may notice the clevis for the upper rear wishbone is a inexpensive replaceable part (not the entire mount)

As you can see too the shifting mechanism is nearer the middle of the main case out of harms way. The links to the rear ARB are much shorter.

All this said at $13K+ for the kit of parts it is not likely the best option unless you have a need to go that way to comply with the rules. I'm sure more than one team has been bit by the big bill when some unfortunate circumstances bites the rear of the car, more than was necessary.
    Last edited by greg pizzo; 03.15.17 at 2:34 PM.
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Liked: 282

Yep. Pretty familiar with it Greg. Just throwing it out as an option. Not all of what you say about it is accurate but I am not going to argue the point.
    Like I said just throwing it out there because it is an easy replacement for the LD200.

Thread Information