Liked: 91

Default Any owners in the Portland Oregon area?

(That would consider letting me stop by, and try on their car?)

I'm open for place, time, all of that. You tell me when, and I'll be there.

Liked: 28

The only FM owner I know that lives up there is Mel Kemper. Hell of a nice guy but I don't know many guys that would let you "try" their car out for a test spin. Most guys have a lot of time and money into the car. I'm sure he would talk to you about anything you wanted to know but the car is fitted to his body and the pedal/shifter/etc. are positioned exactly the way HE wants them and if you drove it you might hate it for the wrong reasons.

I would suggest contacting Eric Purcell with EFM Racing to see what options exist. Eric used to live up there up until a couple of months ago and is, in my opinion, the undisputed West Coast FM expert plus he is a hell of a guy. He makes a living out of coaching people up from FM to pro series. I can tell you that without his help our team of 5 would be zero. Here is his facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/EFMRacing

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Default Talking/visiting Mel

Not apparent that Frank was looking to drive...just talk/visit? Mel would be pleased to talk with you. Mel lives in Tacoma. According to google: PH: 360-864-8115. Check [Mel Kemper racing] on google for a wealth of information.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Sorry! I should have been more clear.

I don't want to DRIVE it. Just sit in it for a second to check clearances, and the like.

I'm a TALL guy, and I want to make sure that I fit in the cockpit.

Sorry for any confusion!

Default He's moved. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by daericks View Post
    I would suggest contacting Eric Purcell with EFM Racing to see what options exist. Eric used to live up there up until a couple of months ago and is, in my opinion, the undisputed West Coast FM expert plus he is a hell of a guy. He makes a living out of coaching people up from FM to pro series. I can tell you that without his help our team of 5 would be zero. Here is his facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/EFMRacing
    Just got an e-mail response from him. He's now running his race shop in Sonoma. Not Portland, but that was a good suggestion!

Liked: 120

I think Mel lives in Toledo, wa. Closer than Tacoma.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1486

PM big and tall. Bob Dahl (AKairman) he's up thataway and owns a FM. He's also pretty big and tall.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Default "User not found"

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kirchner View Post
    PM big and tall. Bob Dahl (AKairman) he's up thataway and owns a FM. He's also pretty big and tall.
    Either I'm doing it wrong, or he's no longer here. I even did a keyword search for his name here, and came up empty.

Default Met Mel today

Quote Originally Posted by ccoffin View Post
    I think Mel lives in Toledo, wa. Closer than Tacoma.
    Mel was gracious, and gave me two hours of his time today, to sit in, and crawl all over his new/old car.

The short answer is, "I fit!". I'll need some padding for my back, but my pelvis fits snugly in the cockpit, and I would pass the broomstick test in a NON-tall man chassis. My big feet get in the way a LITTLE. But, I was wearing "cross trainers", and not racing shoes. So, I think that will work out as well.

THANKS to everyone who chimed in with people suggestions. Mel's a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kirchner View Post
    Changed his name here to DrivingCoach, and sold his car already.

Thread Information