Liked: 8

Default Summit Formula Ford Fest July31-Aug 2nd

To VRG and other vintage CF drivers in the Mid Atlantic:
    I have been running with VRG the last few years and normally would be signed up for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix.
    Because of conflicts I can't attend, but have decided to run the SCCA Formula Fest at Summit on July 31st - aug 2nd.
    The organizers have made it a 3 group fomula car only event.
    The groups as they stand are FF/CF, FV and a 3rd group to be determined.
    It was FST, but they pulled out for some reason.
    Anyway, organizer Joe Marchinski has informed me that he would give the vintage CF's on Dunlops the 3rd slot if there was enough individuals (10) to warrant it.
    We had a good turnout at the Jeff 500 in May and I'd like to see if I could drum up some business for him.
    I would also prefer not to be running against other club fords on slicks and aluminum heads if possible.
    There are currently 25 FF/CF drivers suggesting that they will be signing up.
    It sounds like alot of track time for the money.
    The event will be paired with a PDX (performance driving) in between sessions.
    If you want more info visit the FF section under Duffus #3 in events.

Regards,

Greg Kokolus
    PRS RH-01

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 158

Hi Greg.

I also have a conflict with Pitt Race. I have a Crossle 45F and also run with VRG. I have been wondering how we get the VRG and Duffus groups together. What is the cost? If this is an SCCA event will I be required to have/get a SCCA license? I thought it may be easer at some point to have Duffus run with the VRG because VRG will accept a SCCA license. Is it safe to assume we would be on track with the other FF/CF cars in one big group? What if I wanted to run slicks?

Cheers, Joe

Liked: 8

Default Summit formula event

Hi
    Here's what I know.
    The entry fee is supposed to be around $500.00
    As to your license, you may have to get a waiver if you are holding a VRG license.
    I will reach out to the organizers to check. I have kept my SCCA license.
    As it currently stands, we would be grouped with all the other CF's and FF's.
    If we can get enough interest the organizers have suggested we would get our own group.
    They are only running fomula cars this weekend (CF/FF, FV and TBD)
    You can run slicks in the first group.
    I don't know what you typically run, but I'll assume Dunlops if you were going to Pittsburgh.
    I'll let you know as information becomes available.
    Greg

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 158

Greg,

Thanks for the info. I actually run treaded Avon's because the Dunlop's are not currently available. BTW, there is no difference between the Avon's and Dunlop's. What slicks do the CF's run? What is a typical lap time at Summit Point for a well driven CF on slicks? I would not have an issue running with the CF/FF's. Is this a three day event?

Joe

Liked: 280

Default DUFFUS #3 at Summit Point

Hi,

First, thank you very much Greg for getting this started. Second, to the best of my knowledge, the SCCA will honor the competition licenses from VRG, SVRA, etc. I will check and confirm that, but we recently ran DUFFUS #2 and we found that the SCCA has include virtually every vintage group in the license acceptance program. I will confirm this and follow up in this thread.

Non-SCCA member drivers will be required to purchase a temporary membership ($15 to $25, I will also confirm that) in order to be able to race with us. This applies to any SCCA race weekend.

The entry fee for this restricted regional on August 1 & 2 will be $500. We will be opening registration on or about July 1. Washington DC Region uses MotorsportReg and you will be able to go to www.wdcr-scca.com to reach the link or you can go directly to MotorsportReg (after July 1).

There are two ways in which we can approach this. Any FF or CF is welcome to run in the primary FF/CF DUFFUS race group. If we can get a commitment for at least a 12 care vintage run group, I believe we can commit to a separate run group which would be our as yet unfilled/committed third run group. I do want to caution the vintage drivers that this third group is being offered to several other groups/classes/etc. and it will be first come/first served. If the SRF's or P1/P2 sports racers or a conglomerate of FC/FA/FS will give us a commitment at that level first; they will get the group.

Club Fords at Summit Point usually run on Hoosier R60A slicks and we have seen lap times from well driven cars range from high 1:17.0's to the high 1:20.0's depending upon the weather, track conditions, level of competition.

I realize that this is a last minute offer and it has occurred because another group that had committed to us has had to back away.

We would love to have the vintage FF/CF drivers join us and at some point I would very much like to be able to participate in some kind of face to face "summit meeting" so we could talk over possible ways to bring the class together, if not permanently at least so we could all feel we could go pretty much anyplace and be welcome.

I hope that helps,

Joe Marcinski
    Club Ford #04

Thread Information