Liked: 20

Default 5 New FVee Drivers....

Congratulations to the 5 new Formula Vee drivers who successfully completed and got signed-off at the NHMS drivers school May 22nd.

Jeff Adams...................driving a Citation

Mitchell Baker..............driving a Protoform

Mike Hinkle..................driving a BRD

John Melican................driving a Mysterian

Phil Turkington............driving a Vector

Congratulations and welcome to the fold.

Paul Faford
    Lead Instructor

Liked: 2

Default Congratulations!

When I was signed off in 1990 I think there was only one or two other Vees with me. 5 is an amazing number. A hearty congrats guys. Welcome! We will help you with all the free advice money can buy! Don't be afraid to ask questions and don't assume we are 100% correct!

Best of luck!

Oh, of course, beer helps pry the best secrets out of us... and slow us down the next day...

Fos

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 56

Solid advice Fos! It was a fantastic weekend and all the new driver's should be proud of their performance throughout. We do have a few more driver's who are waiting in the wings as FV grows in the Northeast. I look forward to racing with all of you during the summer of 2015 and beyond.

Liked: 23

Great job guys. The Northeast is doing a great job. It can be done. Just takes a lot of work.

Hughie

P.S. in the lower Northeast (upper Mid-Atlantic?) we had Jon Gorski signed off this year in his Caracal C. By the end of the year we should have Ed Kimmel Jr signed off in his Protoform P-2.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Default MENTOR

def: a trusted counselor or guide. Try to maintain close contact with each of them. I believe that most driver/owners are lost due to lack of success. Some will not admit that they're having problems...they do not progress and eventually lose interest. Good luck to all. Hope the club has a very successful year.

p.s. I drove a Zink C-4 and D-13 for years.

Liked: 17

I am not so sure some ANY of these guys should have been signed off. Should have kept them in the ROOKIE class for a couple more races. In that way it would have given us more experienced guys some time to get FASTER!!!!

The so called new guys did very good!!!
    Not only careful, but fast. To be in the .22's and less is excellent.

Mitch Baker, fantastic weekend ... Qualified 4th out of 14 entries
    Race 1, 5th out of 15 entries
    and 4th in race 2, 3 and 4. And in the 1:18's in all events!!

Mitch, I had a fantastic time in race 4 dicing with you.
    Another lap and I was coming in for oxygen!!!!

Mitch and I had a NOT so good moment when two of the "Things" (as in wings and things) - after ALL the talking between the drivers about safe overtaking .. TWO of them "Things with fenders" passed Mitch and I between 11 and 12. (which is the "S" turn)
    Mitch was in front of me, I was about a foot off his transmission when one "Things" passed HIM on the inside going into the "S" and another passed me on the OUTSIDE going into the same "S".
    Mitch barely saved it going a bit off track and I had to hit the brakes and put it sideways to not "punt" the other one.

Good job new guys.

John
    John Ferreira
    FV 15

Contributing Member captaineddie1975's Avatar
    Liked: 19

I wondered how you guys liked the inclusion of the 6 different classes (FC CFC FF FE P2) with the FV group. Not one of my F5s showed up to annoy you. I was patrolling pit lane and handing out the checkers so all I can see is the front straight.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 83

I'll try to get the pictures to Nick to get posted, soon!

I'm getting ready for the Thompson Open Wheel event this weekend. Jeff, Mitch, Mike, John & Phil, I really hope you can make it. I'll be available to answer questions - my instructor hat will still be on!

John

Contributing Member

For the new guys, most of us have only raced once at Thompson. It gives you more of a fighting chance if you come this weekend, side our experience is limited. It's also only $250 for the weekend (Fri-Sat), and only FVs on the track with us. There's a Thursday test day - again - with our own grouping. John

A few shots from Friday's driver's school.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11603...129?banner=pwa

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 50

Some of you guys need to move to the Midwest and West to spawn FV racing there..

JIm
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Liked: 105

Great Job, getting new drivers out....

Goes to show, if you market it, they will come..
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by njg005 View Post
    A few shots from Friday's driver's school.

Nick, great pictures. I'll get mine to you to post.

John

More photos added from the keen artistic eye of John P...

Liked: 5

The Northeast guys are doing a great job at promoting FV racing. What I noted in the classroom pictures is the level of 1 on 1 coaching that is occurring by some excellent FV drivers. During the weekend there was also a lot of support given by those same guys and others to make sure the drivers attending the school stayed on track by showing them what to do between sessions. It was great to see increases in FV participation based on the efforts of the Northeast guys. Congratulations to everyone involved!
    Jim Regan

Thread Information