Liked: 2

Default Belt lenth - recommendations

How short or long of bolt in lap belts for a J-9 Novacar?

Recommendations?

* 2" belts - 3/8" bolt in ends

thanks,

Scott
    Last edited by cheeze131; 04.01.15 at 8:08 AM. Reason: Clarification

Liked: 896

Scott, are you referring to the bolts that go thru the frame for the lap belt attachments? If so the bolts need to be about 2" to 2 1/4" long with the bolt head on the inside at the belts and a nyloc on the outside. DO NOT tighten the bolt down. Allow the bolt to rotate.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Default length of belts themselves

Jay,

thanks for the response and sorry I wasn't more clear.

I guess i am asking what is a good belt recommendation that has lap belts short enough, without modification?

From past experience with the short lap belts, I am thinking a pull up lap belt is the way to go. Approx what listed minimum adjusted length should I be looking for? 20", 25" with a 36" waist?

Would these be a good choice?
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QMTZ90/...=IHOX9IS7EQQPV

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeze131 View Post
    Jay,

thanks for the response and sorry I wasn't more clear.

I guess i am asking what is a good belt recommendation that has lap belts short enough, without modification?

From past experience with the short lap belts, I am thinking a pull up lap belt is the way to go. Approx what listed minimum adjusted length should I be looking for? 20", 25" with a 36" waist?

Would these be a good choice?
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QMTZ90/...=IHOX9IS7EQQPV

Thanks.
    I will check a belt length later today at the shop and get back to you.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

I just measured the lap belt lengths in the NovaKar that Brian ran at the RUNOFFS.

The length of the latch side is 15" from the bolt at the frame to the end of the latch mechanism. The belts are 3" width.

The length on the other side from the bolt at the frame to the end of the attachment link is 13".

Thus the total length is 28". Now Brian weighs in at 150 lbs so you may need some more length. I suggest that your order something that has some adjustment length.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Default Thanks

That is exactly the info I was looking for. I didn't want to order a set that would not adjust down far enough.

Thread Information