Liked: 2

Default 2014 Runoffs Data analysis/engineering help offered

Laguna Seca SCCA runoffs.. Looking to add customer who need some help in the data analysis/engineering/driving for the Runoffs. Doesn't matter the system, Aim, CDS, Motec, PI , Racepak, stack, Bosch, Magna Marelli.

Will be there for the two test days this weekend, Sept. 27 (open wheel), 28th (closed wheel)

And will be there for the entire week of the Runoffs.

Beyond Data help, I have engineered three cars that have track records here. The current lap record in GT-1 , is still held by Lew Larimer with a car I did chassis set up on.

On the driving end, there are a few things about Laguna Seca that if you know and understand, will make your fastest time possible. These are not obvious from the drivers seat.

If your interested please contact George Main, at 408.420.4024 cell or speedsense@sbcglobal.net or send me a PM here.
    Last edited by George Main; 09.25.14 at 3:36 PM.
    George Main
    SpeedSense consulting

Liked: 2

Results for the four customers I worked with at the 2014 runoffs.

SRF.. Cliff White- National Champion (CDS system)
    Qualified .07 of the pole, fell to fifth on a restart, passed for the lead in the corkscrew, won by .006 of a sec.

FB_F1000.. Gary Hickman, 3rd place (Aim System)
    Qualified 3rd (though the data shows he could have qualified second, on the lap the shock cowling came off and hit him on the head, and crushing the second element on the rear wing) he was forced to sit out the rest of the fastest session of the week. .. finished third.

GT2 Jim Goughary 5th place (CDS system)
    Jim had a difficult week, with transmission problems resulting in missing all but one qualifying session. He qualified 14th.. and Finished 5th.

P2 Paul Decker.. (AIM system)
    Qualified fourth, got hit in the first turn.. Dnf'd several laps later when the battery failed due to the contact

It was great to work with all of you.. and big congrads to Cliff White on a great drive and result.
    In the last 11 years (since 2003) , makes 6 national championships and 13 since 1990.
    George Main
    SpeedSense consulting

Liked: 273

Default George Main is Awesome!

Anyone looking to have a data guy looking over their shoulder look no further. George was a vital part of my effort at the Runoffs this year.

He pointed out things track and strategy wise that were helpful beyond words.

I'll be using his services next season for sure and you should too if you want to be at the pointy end of the grid.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Liked: 1

Great job George

Thread Information