Thread: Right place?

Liked: 1

Default Right place?

I picked up a FormulaGP.com car as a roller. I since acquired the parts I need to complete my 75 Reynard, have a Spitfire and race a couple bikes. I was gonna bail on it but I host my right foot, it could be handy if I have redouble. it was a 600 something Briggs, what should I drop in there? what class, FOR C MOD? any advice appreciated

thanks
    dan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqJ,!oIFIFnKuCRJBSJMv(Dl9g~~60_57[1].jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	46246

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

I haven't a clue.... Hyabusa !!!
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Quote Originally Posted by dtargonski View Post
    I picked up a FormulaGP.com car as a roller. I since acquired the parts I need to complete my 75 Reynard, have a Spitfire and race a couple bikes. I was gonna bail on it but I host my right foot, it could be handy if I have redouble. it was a 600 something Briggs, what should I drop in there? what class, FOR C MOD? any advice appreciated

thanks
    dan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqJ,!oIFIFnKuCRJBSJMv(Dl9g~~60_57[1].jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	46246
    Are you related to "Modo"?!!

PS It appears to be a FSAE car, which had/has a 600cc bike engine, but would not (to my knowledge) be able to run in F600.

Default modo?

help me with the modo reference, over my head right now. maybe all the anti-iotics!

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

'modo' is a regular contributor on here
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 227

Contact FormulaGP and ask them where you can race the car. It's a "tweener" - not a go kart, but definitely not built to any SCCA class rules. Local autocrosses (SCCA or other organizations) may accept it.

Cory

Default class (or lack of?!)

when I bought it they told me formula c mod...i'll try and contact my region too

thanks
    dan

Liked: 2

CMod is an SCCA autocross class that allows Formula fords, and F500 club race cars run at autocross events, with a few modifications allowed. I don't think the rules specifically allow this car, but since it is similar to an F500 but with a different motor, and not in compliance with a few of the rules for F500 club racing, maybe you could get away with running it, since it would be slower than real F500 cars with that lawnmower engine. If the roll cage is good enough to meet SCCA GCR, it might be able to be modified into an F500 or F600. The front wheels would need to be moved forward to where the front of the rims are in front of the driver's feet, and it would be advantageous to add some"restricted suspension". The front looks like it should have suspension, but there are adjustable rods where the springs/links-rockers-rubber insulators sould be. You would need a 2 cylinder 2 stroke snowmobile engine or a 600cc motorcycle 4 cylinder for an engine.

I think you are best off selling it to someone for recreational use, and getting a real F500 race car.

Default what class?

thanks for the reply. I actually have a Reynard FF1600 being completed, I thought this would be fun in the mean time, I didn't do much research ahead of time. It was impressive quick with the 50hp mill, I guess they were letting them class it as an exception...my region never got back to me regarding my options. Getting rid of it looks like the most viable option at this point as you mentioned!

Liked: 232

Default Ummmmm Options ..........

This would appear be a perfect car for Shriners -- a few Pennzoil stickers and away you go .............

http://www.formulagp.com/

web site

Default ...

they were actually racing them Nashville area SCCA, see formulagp.com

Thread Information