Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

Default 45th Anniversary of Monoposto-legal Formula Fords

VRG JEFFERSON 500, May 15-18, 2014 at Summit Point Raceway, Summit Point, West Virginia. This is a follow up Mike Rand's successful 40th at Road America for all Formula Fords. The VRG event will limit itself to vintage FF on treaded Dunlops.

Following a well attended 2013 event with 260 entries, including 75 MG's, VRG with 53 members owning Monoposto Legal Formula and/or Club Fords is featuring for 2014 Formula Fords constructed up through 1981. Most of you in the Northeast have raced at Summit Point. The Jefferson 500 is a joint event with VRG and Summit Point Raceway that includes 3 days of racing and a free test day on Thursday. Online registration will be available after the first of the year at vrgonline.org. For information contact me me at bill@vrgonline.org or JIm Karamanis at jim@vrgonline.org.

Liked: 83

Default Excellent!

Count me in! Been waiting on this or a rumored Glen celebration (I'll do either or both!). Do we have to use open trailers and have long hair and moustaches and cut-off jeans?

David
    Last edited by DK540; 07.09.15 at 10:59 AM.

Liked: 143

we will be there! Just for a teaser for next year, here's the link to an onboard video from Scott Nettleship's car this past Jefferson 500 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_xG9_r1kLs

Liked: 208

Default Me too!

Count me in. Summit is on the list of tracks that we need to race yet.
    Last edited by Ralph Z.; 12.23.13 at 5:27 PM.
    Ralph Z
    1968 Alexis Mk14 Formula Ford

Liked: 29

Quote Originally Posted by DK540 View Post
    Count me in! Been waiting on this or a rumored Glen celebration (I'll do either or both!). Do we have to use open trailers and have long hair and moustaches and cut-off jeans?

David
    Not if you can properly fill out a halter top like in your photo. Of course, if you can, the cutoffs are encouraged.

Default Halter top

Well, first, I'm a guy so not sure what guys wear on the beach in California but we don't do that in Virginia Beach. Second, you got a front view of that girl's halter top I'm missing? You know this chick, maybe? And, third, if I can find a girl that'll go along I'll buy her a halter top and the Daisy Dukes to go with it! hahahaha

Cool photo, though, from a 1974 collection by someone on the web. And, it is very likely I was there that weekend, 19 years old, probably mildly intoxicated, having a blast, and thinking, "...one day I'm gonna move from watchin' these things to drivin' in these things.."

David

Liked: 2

VRG and Royale Racing are proud to formally announce....

The VRG/Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series in honor of the 45th Anniversary of Formula Fords for the 2014 race season. The schedule has been set and we are working on additional details to ensure a similar experience at each race event on the schedule.

+ 3Day events
    + Dedicated Sessions for FF/CF
    + Dedicated Paddock (not required, but it will be where the action is)
    + Weekend Party
    + Weekend Awards

Jefferson 500 [May 14th - 18th, 2014]
    -- Summit Point Raceway
    -- 'Test Day' Available

Pittsburgh Historic Grand Prix [July 11th - 13th, 2014]
    -- Pittsburgh International Race Complex
    -- 'Test Day' Available

New Jersey Historic [September 19th - 21st, 2014]
    -- New Jersey Motorsports Raceway - Lightning Circuit

We are working on additional details, but I wanted to get the series information out as quick as possible so you can schedule your 2014 race season. Since VRG has made the commitment to dedicate run groups, please send me an email under separate cover letting me know your level of interest and planned events. Keep an eye out for additional announcements and the upcoming advertisements (Apex, Victory Lane, SCCA, etc....), HOWEVER, nothing beats the 'word of mouth' so reach out to ALL your friends and get the word out. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out and discuss!

See you at the races!!

--- Christopher Shoemaker
    Royale Racing, LLC

I thought you all would like a quick look at the proposed logo for the ...

VRG/Royale 45th Formula Ford Challenge Series

the track logos would be given out for each track in which you enter? To get all 3 you need to run the challenge series; although each track has a cool logo!

Royale Racing, LLC
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 12.05.13 at 6:29 PM.

Liked: 87

Default old photo reminders...

Seeing that photo reminds me of Blackhawk Farms in the mid 70's, I'm 7 years old at that time and camping at the track (my Dad raced FV)... guys throwing mag beetle cases on a camp fire... and asking my Mom why those people were smoking those cigarettes that smelled real wierd...she told me not to worry about it.
    Mike

Default Old photo

That Lola 340 on the left could still be around... might even be Doug Meis's car

+ 3Day events
    + Dedicated Sessions for FF/CF
    + Dedicated Paddock (not required, but it will be where the action is)
    + Weekend Party
    + Weekend Awards

I see no mention of Vintage Fords. Are vintage cars welcomed?
    Ralph Z

Default Vintage

Ralph, I'm sure Chris will chime in, but since it's Vintage Racers Group (VRG) I think he actually means Vintage FF and Club FF rather than Club FF and modern FF.

David

I would assume that you are right. I just wanted to get a confirmation before we plan our season.
    Ralph Z

Liked: 2

Default Series - CAR Classifications

YES, VRG (Vintage Racer Group) is a VMC sanctioning group as such 'vintage' and 'historic' are the cars of primary interest. We have agreed to accept newer Formula Fords and will classify them in a seperate group.

VRG / Royale is REQUIRING that all cars run on Dunlop/Avon Treaded Tires and use Kent motors.

VFF - Vintage Formula Ford
    CF - Historic Formula Ford
    FF - Formula Ford

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, VRG is preparing the official press release and we are working on the points system (needless to say the series can be won, through participation .... not just winning a race or two).

See you at the races!

Royale Racing, LLC

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default Kent?

retracted..................
    Last edited by provamo; 12.23.13 at 10:34 AM. Reason: dumb question

Liked: 8

Default VRG 45th anniversary series

Just wanted to post a congratulatory note to VRG and the organizers of this past weekends first round 45th event at Summit Point.
    There were 36 cars registered and taking times on course.
    Aside from some weather related track problems on Friday and a Porshe oiling down the whole track before our main race you couldn't ask for better.
    The organizers pretty much stayed to the published time schedule and I think that those in attendance had a good time.
    Only 2 incidents of which I know one was a non-issue. Not sure how the driver of the second fared during his shunt during the main.
    Looking forward to the next round at Pittsburgh.
    Greg Kokolus
    PRS RH-01

Liked: 34

Driver in the blue Titan that was involved in the incident in the carousel is fine. Absolutely no issue with him and the car only had cosmetic damage. This was his first race weekend. Will be back for more.

Liked: 34

Greg, FYI I was in the blue and orange Crossle. In the first race on Saturday I started 20th. Exiting the carousel on the warm up lap I somehow managed to turn off the master switch! I was 33rd into the first corner. Managed to finish 12th. Motivated! Note to self, install the video camera. Those of you who we're not there, you missed a great event. And yes it was slippery for the ff feature race.

Chris

Thread Information