Liked: 12

Default Virginia International Raceway (VIR) UTCC

I had the opportunity to compete in the VIR Ultimate Track Car Challenge over the weekend and had a blast! I'd like to thank first and foremost Bob Wheless for loaning me his Stohr CSR for the event along with Corey Lind, Chris Redding and Ryan Parkinson.

For those that may not be familiar with the event it is a competition between a diverse group of cars in time trial format for the 'ultimate track car' based on lap time. It's a really low key, fun event with some serious competition. The Wolf GB08 in CSR trim was there driven by none other than Max Papis! Other interesting cars included a highly modified 750 HP late model with a massive (and I mean massive) amount of aero added-- huge tunnels and a March Can-Am style front wing assembly. There were other more conventional cars such as a Lamboghini Super Trofeo race car, a highly modified Porsche GT2, and a bunch of other fast and fascinating cars.

For me it was a chance in a lifetime-- I don't think I'll get to compete against a F1, Cart and Indy car driver very often in the same class!

In typical Grassroots Motorsports style it was low key and a lot of fun although everyone seemed to bring their A-game. It was very (and I mean very) hot and slippery-- so we went to lengths to stay cool! That's Max Papis in the Wolf GB08 CSR behind the VIPER Stohr CSR.

Thanks-
    Victor Seaber
    VIPER @ VIR

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Ummmm, Vic

aren't you forgetting something?

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

umbrella girls.................. what every event needs!

Liked: 553

Default Virginia International Raceway (VIR) UTCC

Very cool. How did you do?
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 59

Hey Victor,
    I was thinking what Coop beat me to posting...you know I've probably done 50 events there and never seen that feature on the grid. They usually chase us the crew if they have shorts or sleeveless shirts...

Must've been that Wheless magnetism. I'm hanging around your shop more next time

Best regards,
    Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

Liked: 52

Default Participation Boost

If the SCCA needs ideas on how to boost participation, that's a good start!
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Quote Originally Posted by Zcurves View Post
    If the SCCA needs ideas on how to boost participation, that's a good start!
    DITTO !

Liked: 42

Walked into Victor's shop on Friday in the middle of the day to see what was up. Sprawled out in one of the camping chairs on the side was the grid girl dressed and ready to go.

Definite speechless double take. I'm so very used to seeing smelly dirty guys in the shop that I had no response whatsoever.

At the time Victor had turned only a 1:55-6 and I had made the comment that he was leaving at least 7 seconds on the table. Told that to Victor and he said, "gee thanks, I have to find how much time?" Looks like you did Victor. The car looked really good out there. Faster in a straight line than I've seen a Stohr run out there. Looking forward to seeing how quick the car can go in better conditions. A number of people were 2-4 seconds off their regular laptimes as well.

Liked: 0

Wow, 4 seconds faster than Papis in a Wolf. That's one serious can of whoopass, congrats.

Liked: 12

Thanks!

I was learning the car throughout the day- I only have a couple of laps in it several years ago. As it was a borrowed car I was very conservative-- the primary goal was to bring the car back unmolested and the event rules would penalize ANY off track events by a loss of best times and parking the car for the remainder of the session.

Eventually in the last (and slowest) session of the day got down to a 1:49.9.

Victor Seaber
    VIPER @ VIR

Thread Information