Thread: Moving

Liked: 1

Default Moving

Gentlemen,

As some of you may already know, I accepted a position with my company's NASCAR group in Charlotte, NC which requires me to move down there ASAP. Unfortunately this means that I will no longer be racing a Formula First as I just have neither the bank roll nor the will to travel all the way back up to races. The current state of my car is not exactly where I wanted it to be so I will be bringing it down to NC with me to finish fixing it up and then I will be putting it up for sale.

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone that helped me get started out in this amazing class. It seems like just about everyone has helped me out in some way or another. I am truly sorry my time with this great group of guys has to end so quickly.

-Jonathan

Liked: 25

Default Congratulations on the new position!

Jonathan,

Congratulations on your new position!

You will be missed by the FST family. It was excellent to get to know you and spend time with you at the track. I wish you the best in your new adventure down south!
    Sam
    Acer-MK2 FST #56
    Acer-J FST #47
    Hawke DL8 FSV

Liked: 190

JM,

Feel good and bad about your new gig.

Congrats on the new job, great news.

It is sad to hear that you can come race with us. Seems that you had made some real progress and got more competitive. We will miss you.

Let us know when your ready to sell and we'll help find your car a new home.

Best Wishes.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

We do have race tracks in the south.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

There are at least 4 good tracks within a 4 hour drive from Charlotte.

VIR
    Road Atlanta
    Roebling Road
    Carolina Motorsports Park

Barber is about a 6 hour drive.

Liked: 151

Default A new challenge

And Yes I agree there are some really tracks in the South

And there are at least five other FST’s So Jonathan you should organize those drivers and have a SE series of your own. A couple of races in year one. Expand afterwards.

A good series requires organization and unless someone grabs the bull by the horn it won’t happen.

Liked: 3787

The SCCA even runs at CMS at least once a year. So... 5 good tracks within 4 hours. Two of them rated by Car and Driver as the 6 great tracks of North America.. VIR and Atlanta.

Liked: 190

Default No Series Races in the SE

Quote Originally Posted by Jmader08 View Post
    Unfortunately this means that I will no longer be racing a Formula First as I just have neither the bank roll nor the will to travel all the way back up to races.
    I think JM knows there are world class tracks in the SE division. His point seems to be that he wishes to race in an FST series, but ours is too far away. As RGU stated, the SE FST guys should band together and put a simple series together (much like we have done and continue to do every year). We can certainly help get it going, but as RGU pointed out, no leader, no program.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 5

Starting your own series is a great idea.

HTH,
    Jim
    Last edited by jim murphy; 04.07.13 at 5:10 PM.

I am quite aware of the tracks around here. Running an open test day at VIR and Road Atlanta is on my wishlist of things to do before parting with the car.

Thread Information