Global Moderator Dave Woodmancy's Avatar
    Liked: 69

Default Ok Vee guys, looking for a specific Caldwell D-13

This is a long shot, but worth a try.

I am trying to find a specific D-13, which is probably like finding a needle in a haystack

I don't have the chassis number, but here is what i do know. To the best of my knowledge the car was built in 1973. The SCCA logbook number was 11-632. Log book names would include Greg Bruns, Tom Eaton, myself, and Jeff Dick. It was sold in the Chicago area probably around 2000? It was converted to a monoshock zero roll, and it had a unique cooling setup that I have never seen on another D13. Obviously that could have been changed but it's the only thing that may make this one stand out.. I included a pic.

Thanks for looking, and for any info!!

Dave

Woodyfv94@AOL.COM

Pic is a little grainy, its a picture of a picture....
    Attachment 34739
    Last edited by Dave Woodmancy; 07.28.14 at 9:10 PM.

Liked: 174

Dave,

Having owned two D-13's myself, I wish you good luck with your search! What was
    the color of your frame, who built the engine and what part of the country was the
    car last seen / raced??

Thanks!

Mark

Mark,

The frame was black last time I saw it many years ago, and had a Noble engine. Last I know of it racing was with the Midwestern council in 2000-2001? It moved on to a new owner from that point, and that is the last I know. The car would have been purchased from Jeff or Chris Dick.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

The timing, the location, the cooling scoops and mono-shock lead me to believe Kenny Couturier and his father bought that car and brought it out west. It was then sold to Blake and Susie Haralson and currently belongs to Chris Quinteros.

It's kind of like Abe Lincolns' axe though...2 D-13's combined to make a new one....now with through the nose/chassis tube cooling.

Perhaps a quick PM to Chris asking for the chassis number will confirm.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54420
    Last edited by Daryl DeArman; 11.06.12 at 5:09 PM. Reason: Spelling of Kenny's last name.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    The timing, the location, the cooling scoops and mono-shock lead me to believe Kenny Courtier and his father bought that car and brought it out west. It was then sold to Blake and Susie Haralson and currently belongs to Chris Quinteros.

It's kind of like Abe Lincolns' axe though...2 D-13's combined to make a new one....now with through the nose/chassis tube cooling.

Perhaps a quick PM to Chris asking for the chassis number will confirm.

Thanks Daryl, I shot Chris an email. I originally thought that his car may be the one when looking at the zero roll, but the listed year of 78' kept me from contacting him, would make sense if it was combined with another car. Maybe this is it...

Liked: 2

If you are looking for Chris, he has the d-13 for sale. You can see it here

So maybe this will jog a few more memories. I now know that the car went to a owner in Wisconsin around 2000 as a roller. This is a pic as it was raced with Midwestern council and it's what it looked like when it went north from the Chicago area.

There is a good chance that this car became the donor car for Chris's car that is for sale here now, but the log books ect. For the donor car seem to be long gone so we are just not 100% on that, so I am going to keep an open mind until I know for sure.. Thanks for looking guys.

Attachment 34765
    Last edited by Dave Woodmancy; 07.28.14 at 9:10 PM.

Default Update

First there are a few people who have contacted me about this with possible "leads", so a big thank you!!

Second, it apprears that the Chris Quinteros donor car, and car 11-632 are probably not one and same as that car had a long Mid-div history, so its possible 11-632 still exists. Last seen it was Wisconsin bound as a roller, and looked like it did in that last pic of it at Blackhawk, unfortuatly the name of that buyer is unknow at this point.. Would love to find it, would be even cooler if it was tucked away all nice and neat in a Wisconsin garage somewhere.. The search goes on, thanks guys!

Thread Information