Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked: 59

Default Sebring Spooktacular

Incredibe weather, the region held a special race weekend seperating the winged cars from the other open wheel classes. Intended to help everyone enjoy the racing, and increase car counts. Think we had about 12-15 cars per group. Thanks the to CFR region for tying this and hope we continue.

Test Day was a blast, spent the day running with two Cape USF Cars with great young drivers. It was the best racing I would see all weekend. We ID'd a Swift 008 Red and White #05 as THAT GUY during test day. Unpredictable, wrong lines, middle of track, early braking, erratic, inexperienced and in Way over his head.

I got the pole, a great start next to Sherman in the WF1 and had a 5 second lead after 2 laps. Set the fastest race lap BUT: Sure enough, lapping the FA on the 4th race lap, in a corner, he proceeds to follow me down the straight and then use me as his brakes. Took me out, major rear end damage, big expense, a DNF, and couldve killed both of us. I mean a dead on 6 o'clock rear end hit that sent me flying. He was DSQ'd for the weekend, put on probabtion, etc. What should have happened is he be ordered to Driver School! Going from Skip Barber school to a FA is insane. He was Cluless as was his engineer/coach.

I warn all of you. If you see this guy, you better be very cautious whether passing him or being followed by him. Worst display of driving over two days I have ever seen in 14 years of car racing.

I wont run a Sebring short course event with that car on the track ever again. He is going to kill someone.

Bill

PS: I was just told THAT GUY spun on the first lap so I was lapping him on the 4th lap instead of the 6th or 7th. He was more than 3 seconds off my pace.
    Last edited by billwald; 10.21.12 at 2:28 PM.

Liked: 23

Default What the.....

Geez Bill, what a bad break! I am glad you are ok, and hope you get your car fixed without too much trouble.

Thanks Brett! Nothing $10K, a dozen advil, and 12 beers wont fix. Hannu will have back together for the Trot. I didn't protest him, didn't need too. The workers saw it all. One worker said in 20 years working the hairpin, he had never seen such a blatent boneheaded move. I've made contact one time, but it was nose to tail for 20 laps, hard racing and made a mistake. This guy was something else altogether. Spins every session, doesnt know where to be, when to brake. Danger Danger when you see him at Homestead and PBIR man.

Bill

Liked: 84

Hard luck two races in a row. At least you are ok an that is all that matters. So who is this guy? Got a name? You can pm me if you don't want to call him out.

Hahaha...I know you would call him out JP!!! Thanks. Honestly, I don't even know his name. Yeah last month, a big lead and pushrod snaps in T1. I'll get through this streak. The car was perfect, on rails. Hannu nailed the set up. I drove well and was pleased with that. Friday was awesome fun with the Cape boys.

See you at the Trot I hope.

Bill

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Oh good grief!

Damnit Man!!
    I hate to hear this, really do.

Thanks for the warning - I hope the offending/offensive driver doesn't show up at the ARRC in a few weeks...

GC

Liked: 43

From the entry list at DLB for the Spook Spectacular.

05 Aslan Leo Riza White/Red 1998 Swift 008 www.rnrassociates.com

Goto his website, click on TEAM then on ALSAN

Bill, I an very thankful that you were not hurt.

Liked: 5

dont give a scalple to someone who needs to learn with a butter knife.

JP i can use him to slow you down.LOL

Benny

Contributing Member crowe motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Default Bill him for his negligence

Negligence is one thing as he was not racing you and was behind you literally and not even trying to pass you. Of course a racing incident is a whole other thing in wheel to wheel hard racing.

Bill him for the damage. All he can say is no or ignore you. Next time he is on track anyone seeing eradicate unpredictable driving needs to report him to the stewards immediately.

I know of a guy that did that to someone and walked up and told the guy he would pay to have his FF fixed after he did the same thing. He knew that he new was totally at fault and took responsibility. A rare guy to man up as he had the bucks and the FF guy was low bucks.

Bill, just call Wayne and update that entire car to the 2013 enhancement face lift package.

GOOD LUCK! etc

Liked: 6

Hey Bill,

I'm glad to hear you are OK.

It's ironic that CFR finallly split the open wheel/SR groups in an effort to make the racing safer and more fun on the short course and you get taken out by an FA. It's time to enforce the 120% rule...

I'll give a call tomorrow.

Tom

Thanks everyone. Main thing is I am unhurt. He is probably a nice fellow. But he is not a road racer especially an open wheel driver. If you screw up every single session on the Sebring short course and then destory someone's car in a stupid senseless decision, he is not ready for an FA, a regional, and hopefully hasnt bought his way into a national license.

If he shows at the ARRC or anywhere in the SE, I pray for my open wheel brothers. He is very dangerous and I am not kidding you. You all know me.

PS: Thanks for the website. I would bet those race photos are fake. I was told by a steward today he went from Barber to FA with no SCCA school.

PPS: We call that the Tom Beattie Annual Race! Join us next year. Great suggestion Tom. It worked exactly as you thought it would. It was fantastic.
    Last edited by billwald; 10.21.12 at 7:30 PM.

Default A new record!

Outed in under 6 hours!
    Not to make light of any of this, BUT I'm all for having a jury of your peers review data and video which would then place the requirement of the offending party to pay the F up!

Funny GC! This is good: His GoPro popped off his car. I had it. I was going to download his video and post it to show you all just how crazy he was. But his "Team Manager" got to me before I got back to the trailer to download it. I have two GoPros, I was going to bring it back to them after. Oh well. You wouldve thrown up anyway. Better not to see it.

I dont think I want his money, I just dont want to see him, his car, or his team again and I hope you dont see them either. I dont want to see anymore damage done by this guy.

Bill

Liked: 6

Quote Originally Posted by billwald View Post

PPS: We call that the Tom Beattie Annual Race! Join us next year. Great suggestion Tom. It worked exactly as you thought it would. It was fantastic.
    Uh Oh. I'm not sure I want to have a race named after me, especially after such a rough start. Besides, don't you have to be dead to have such an honor? Last time I checked, I still have a pulse.

Bill, I also heard you had a bit of a run-in with a Segway....tell us more

Thanks,

Tom

Tom you heard about the Segway crash already? It was more painful than the car crash for sure...I think Lee Boughan is mad at me.

Seriously, Tom worked with our CFR officials and worked on adding the extra group and it was great! Everyone loved it. Next year, our northern and southern drivers need to come. Fun weekend for all. Thanks for working with Robin L and Robin to make that happen.

My Segway days are def over.

PS: Mick Robinson distracted me...but then saved me.

Liked: 111

Good move. I try to blame mick for everything I can as well

Liked: 2

He's got some race footage from Daytona this month. Took him a lap to pass what appears to be a Vee. The Vee went off and he got by. Fast on straights (although i am not sure he shifted into top gear), but oh so slow in corners.
    Ken

Liked: 444

Wow, I just watched the Daytona video it was like having teeath pulled.

Liked: 66

Sorry to hear about this, glad you're okay, and thanks for the warning.

Good news, however, as it looks like the car is for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...item19d60fc502

Here is their team link: http://www.speedsyndicatemotorsports.com/about.html

I see they are local to me..Hmmmm...Might have to drop in. JP, come on up..

I just checked the ebay listing.

Interesting, this is a wiiiiiide track 008.

Performance Data

• Class: FA
    • Weight: 1325 lbs
    • Track: Homestead - Long Course
    Last edited by Dave Welsh; 10.22.12 at 1:19 PM.

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

can't be the same car - this one has never been wrecked

Liked: 1

Speed Syndicate is a motorsports team and prep shop that also provides track support to independent clients.

It is unfortunate that one of the clients we were supporting at last weekend's event was involved in an accident with Bill. Thankfully, no one was hurt and hopefully any issues can be resolved promptly between the two drivers involved.
    Last edited by SpeedSyndicate; 10.22.12 at 6:39 PM. Reason: change

Here is their team link: http://www.speedsyndicatemotorsports.com/about.html

I see they are local to me..Hmmmm...Might have to drop in. JP, come on up..

[FONT=Verdana]lol, You know I've got you back but I've left the "paying people a visit" days behind me long ago (or at least reserved for special occasions). I'm actually starting to feel bad for the fella. OK, he was an over aggressive dumbass that was probably driving over his head. I can relate. The first time I went from bikes to cars I thought I was unstoppable (can't fall in a car). I went as fast as the car would at all times. I spun 4 times in my first race. Luckily I didn't crash into anyone but nonetheless I was dangerous. Thank god I had enough racer friends and James Lee to call me out as a dumbass and to settle down (I thought Wally Osinga was going to hit me with his helmet at tech, lol) I was just about told to go home (but I had a friend that was a high ranging director that went to bat for me) I remember going home that day so upset. I was embarrassed and sorry for my actions. I went to sleep at 9pm and decided to start anew the next day. 8am James pulls me a aside, we have a long talk. He tells me to forget about the day before and go easy and be safe. I started at the back of the pack and just took it easy. Before long I was passing and passing and came home with a 2nd overall. My terrible weekend turned into one of my best. I needed that ying and yang weekend to set the stage for the rest of my car racing days.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Now......point of this long self indulgent story is that if I would have gone home that first night to read a thread like this about myself I probably would have never went back the next day. Ok, did he **** up bad? yes. Are you pissed? yes but it's racing and **** happens. From what I heard he was super sorry and actually a big fan who has watched you race on many occasions. Give him ONE break. I'm sure he has learned his lesson and will not be making the same mistakes again. Besides you always have positive energy around you, being mad is not in you.[/FONT]

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by KenT View Post
    He's got some race footage from Daytona this month. Took him a lap to pass what appears to be a Vee. The Vee went off and he got by. Fast on straights (although i am not sure he shifted into top gear), but oh so slow in corners.
    [FONT=Verdana]Please don't do this search. It is somewhat painful to watch. He may well be a nice guy, but it is good that his car is up for sale. He would be much better served to start with a slower car. It is clear he was not comfortable. I'm not saying I'd do any better, but I don't plan to buy an FA either.[/FONT]

I will probably post the video shortly of what he did to me and tell you the yarn he told me afterward. I laughed for hours untill my back started to hurt. Being x rayed tomorrow. I have bruise the size of my fist at my spine.

Thanks all. Bill

Once more I'll say it: If he keeps racing open wheel someone will get injured or worse. I wish his Team would post his schedule so WE know what races not attend in 2013.

I will probably post the video shortly of what he did to me and tell you the yarn he told me afterward. I laughed for hours untill my back started to hurt. Being x rayed tomorrow. I have bruise the size of my fist at my spine.

Thanks all. Bill

Once more I'll say it: If he keeps racing open wheel someone will get injured or worse. I wish his Team would post his schedule so WE know what races not attend in 2013.
    ahh....ok maybe it would have better if he didn't show the next day.....lol

It will cost him $12K to be in my fan club. And yes, I'd take his money for what he pulled. But we know that will never happen.

You are 100% right about having a coach like James Lee helping you learn. Sherman Chau in a sweet WF1 had a stellar weekend with James. Very heads up driver, great to have him in Florida with us. Shared the front row with him and he was super clean and quick. First time at the course.

And just kidding about you coming up. I work alone. If I need support I have 4 brothers, 3 are cops. And I appreciate the positive energy comment. I love this sport, the club, and the people I have met and worked with. I really just felt we all needed an all points bullitin on this car. I like all of you guys and dont want this to happen to you. It wasnt one race, or one session. This was a constant moving violation for two days.

[quote=JohnPaul;365115][FONT=Verdana]l[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]From what I heard he was super sorry and actually a big fan who has watched you race on many occasions. [/FONT]
    Last edited by billwald; 10.22.12 at 5:53 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

The end times are upon us.
    JP being reasonable and introspective WTF

The better rule is beware any FA at a regional that you don't know.

I think I and we have said enough. Maybe I'll post a You Tube clip of it. I never mentioned his name here, only his car, and I said he was probably a nice guy. I wanted to put out an APB to my friends. That's probably been accomplished. My pals are forwarned and I only said the facts.

I hope he is not at the Turkey Trot if so I may rethink the weekend. Thanks again!

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]lol, You know I've got you back but I've left the "paying people a visit" days behind me long ago (or at least reserved for special occasions). I'm actually starting to feel bad for the fella. OK, he was an over aggressive dumbass that was probably driving over his head. I can relate. The first time I went from bikes to cars I thought I was unstoppable (can't fall in a car). I went as fast as the car would at all times. I spun 4 times in my first race. Luckily I didn't crash into anyone but nonetheless I was dangerous. Thank god I had enough racer friends and James Lee to call me out as a dumbass and to settle down (I thought Wally Osinga was going to hit me with his helmet at tech, lol) I was just about told to go home (but I had a friend that was a high ranging director that went to bat for me) I remember going home that day so upset. I was embarrassed and sorry for my actions. I went to sleep at 9pm and decided to start anew the next day. 8am James pulls me a aside, we have a long talk. He tells me to forget about the day before and go easy and be safe. I started at the back of the pack and just took it easy. Before long I was passing and passing and came home with a 2nd overall. My terrible weekend turned into one of my best. I needed that ying and yang weekend to set the stage for the rest of my car racing days.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Now......point of this long self indulgent story is that if I would have gone home that first night to read a thread like this about myself I probably would have never went back the next day. Ok, did he **** up bad? yes. Are you pissed? yes but it's racing and **** happens. From what I heard he was super sorry and actually a big fan who has watched you race on many occasions. Give him ONE break. I'm sure he has learned his lesson and will not be making the same mistakes again. Besides you always have positive energy around you, being mad is not in you.[/FONT]

i remember that day.
    i think i tryed over filling your tank to set you on fire

but now JP and I are amigos (dont know if thats good or bad)LOL

i still carry the doughnut mark a open wheeler gave me on my car as a welcome to the club badge

Benny

I watched the video and all I can say is "That's a waste of a drivers suit"

Incredible video. I saw a lot of close friends in that. I saw Tom, Brett in FB's, Don in his FA Zetec who almost got wrecked, and a dangerous mix of him and the unwinged cars - many of them are personal friends too, we all race together, and I cringed. Now put that on the short course at Sebring.

Default Ouch

As hard as it is to conceive of this, someone has wrestled the "I really shouldn't be driving something as fast as an FA" crown away from the grasp of Ben Johnston.

I really thought that crown was bolted to his skull, but I have been proven wrong!

Liked: 14

whoa ben johnston really?? i sort of remember that name. wondering if he has videos of his sensational driving outings. is he the fella who at Topeka wouldnt get off his atlantic's nose when the car was on the hook 4 feet off the ground, I believe he was balancing the car, someone must remember this. im running a 99 fever and it feels good.

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Which one of you nozzles hit the "Like" button on the video?

Quote Originally Posted by starkejt View Post
    Which one of you nozzles hit the "Like" button on the video?
    whatever do you mean?
    Ok forget what I wrote earlier. and Benny i knew you weren't really my friend. Try to set me on fire?? you scum*%*. I was wondering why my ass was itchy the whole next week.
    Last edited by JohnPaul; 10.23.12 at 12:03 AM.

Liked: 126

I couldn't labor through the entire video. That poor gearbox. I'd be embarrassed to put that online.

And you guys are trying to get me to come down there over winter?

Liked: 23

Ok, I hope Rob and JP are just kidding around 'cause this is getting a little feisty....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information