Junior Member moneymaker42141983's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Default who does star mazda rebulds?

I was just wondering if The Teams are rebuilding there own engines, Or if they are sending them out? If they are sending them out what are they charging you guys for their services?

Liked: 96

You may want to read this thread:

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54255
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

Teams in the Star Mazda series do not do their own re-builds. If you are considering competing in the Star series, only Star can do the rebuild and the engine will be sealed with a Star stamped engine seal in 3 places on the engine. Star, at one point in the last few years were having issues with their chosen re-builders but it seems they have it sorted out now. If you are not going to compete in the Star series there are several choice's to do rebuilds out there.

Daryl Drummond builds a great motor, strong, balanced and he has a great deal of direct experience with Star and Mazda. I am unable to comment on other builders as I have only used the two as discussed above.

Costs associated to a rebuild will vary depending on the state of the rotor housings, end plates and eccentric shaft. Other factors affecting rebuild costs are the choice of ceramic apex seals versus OEM seals, balancing costs in the case of Drummond doing the rebuild. You can expect as little as 4K to 12K plus shipping costs.
    Hope this answers your question.
    Last edited by Blair Robertshaw; 09.14.12 at 11:44 AM.

Thread Information