[FONT=Monaco]I bought a 14 foot tire rack from Pit Products about 15 months ago. Ordered it on-line, they confirmed by phone, and it was shipped mostly assembled by week's end. I installed it in my trailer and didn't give it a whole lot of thought until last weekend when, upon arriving home from a race, I found that[/FONT] one of the seven foot long horizontal aluminum sections had broken. Bumpy ride home. Eight mounted tires were hanging above my race car by a single 1/2 inch length of conduit. Close call.

On Monday, I called Pit Products to order a new section. They took my address info, apologized multiple times, didn't ask for a credit card number, and said they'd ship by Thursday (Wednesday was the 4th). My new 7 foot piece, plus new conduit arrived Friday while I was at the WG National.. They must've shipped it Tuesday. All at no cost to me.

There may or may not have been something wrong with the initial piece but the fact that Pit Pal stood behind their product, with no prompting from me, merits a public thank you.

Michael