Liked: 0

Default Titan MkIII design details

...are shown in detail here:
    Bill Bovenizer's Lotus Twin-Cam Powered Titan MkIII Racecar

What do you guys think are the most interesting features of this car?

The Lockheed brake system, perhaps? Magnesium calipers!

This is the 80th racecar I've featured. You might think I'd be getting the hang of it by now, but all these cars are different and I'm not expert on any of them. Please reply (or shoot me a p.m.) if you spot errors in the write-up, and I'll happily make corrections. If you're enjoying these articles, please consider tossing some change in the tip jar.

Liked: 313

Beautiful!

I have to get my Mk5 restoration going again. I think except for the engine and the five speed variant of the Hewland they are identical. Your photos will be a good guide where I need it, but more important, motivation.

Liked: 8

Default Mk3 vs Mk5

Hi Dave,

The Mk5 is very similar to the Mk3s and Mk4s. The rear of the Mk3/4 chassis is different and the gearbox uses Lotus sideplates. The Mk5 uses standard Mk8 sideplates. The brakes are different. The front rotors are different. Mk3s used magnesium lockheed calipers and master cylinders. Mk5 uses girling 14LFs. Some other detail differences, but they are certainly similar.

Best,

Andy

Thread Information