Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 1

Default fuel mileage

we have been using the honda power in canada . Running it in two classes per weekend When we ran the kent engine in one class per weekend we would use 15 gallons of 110 octane . with the honda we run 2 classes or twice as much and we average 11 gallons wow we couldnt afford to run a kent after running the honda . now that off season is here if i were still running the kent we would be pulling it out for a $5000. freshen up , with the honda ahhh maybe ill change the oil .

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default back to the future

i just hope as this all plays out that at some historic meet two decades from now i get to see and hear some FoMoCo pwer in period correct chassis

Liked: 1403

Having returned from the season finals for FC and FF at Watkins Glen, I can say that it was one of the best experiences I have had in club racing for years. It was really fun to see big fields of both cars in close, exciting racing.

Honda has done for FF what Ford Zetec did for FC. It has invigorated the class again. People are now talking about fielding multi car teams for the series as it was decades ago. The old engines in both classes have a power advantage and no rev limiters. The new engines have consistent performance and will last longer than many of the drivers will race.

The Ford vs. Honda fight is like politics and religion. The only difference is that when the green flag drops, we all are having fun in a good race. And the racing at WG was good for both old and new engines.

Both classes need modern engines. Ford did not have an engine that would drop into the hole left by the Kent engine. Honda stepped up to the plate and offered an engine and backed it up with a support program.

The last time I checked, a new Kent engine was well North of ten grand. Way more than a Honda. And there is no assurance that the Kent would be a front runner for that price.

Liked: 610

Default New Motor

Steve,
    Ford asked SCCA if they could bring a new Ford motor to the F/Ford class, back in the late 90's, and they (SCCA) put a stop to it by telling Ford that before that would happen, they would want an open bid to any manufacture for the new motor!
    The issues at SCCA always goes back to SCCA itself.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Contributing Member
    Liked: 20

There may be a new Kent block available, but it has not reduced the price of a block one bit. When I needed a block several years ago, they were available, just not economically. As has been mentioned, the conversion is a one-time cost, where the Kent is costly for as long as you race.

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4359

Quote Originally Posted by starkejt View Post
    It seems like every fabricator I know is horrible at selling himself. The answer to Ralph's question is an emphatic yes, Eric can convert your RF98 to Honda power. A deposit will hold your place in line.

I would recommend Eric's services to anyone considering a Honda conversion for a car without a kit. RF97-98s seem to be the car of choice. Eric worked to my budget and timeline on my RF97. I am delighted with the quality of the job and service.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information