Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 82

Default Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
    Senna was a fruitcake - They should make a movie about Prost....

I haven't seen it yet - so nobody tell me how it ends....

Really uncalled for.

I would rather honor Senna, than honor Prost who clearly played the political aspect to his advantage even though he was wrong in the eyes of most other drivers.

Just saying.

Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default Not the right word!

In re-reading you post, Matt, I think I see your point (and actually agree with it) but it's just that you used an odd word in labeling Senna's behavior. Clearly he was astoundingly skilled and his passion for his sport was uneqalled but he had this HUGE personality flaw which he clearly demonstrated when he ran into other cars on track! I loved Stewart's point when interviewing Senna: basically " how come you have run into more cars then all other World Champions combined? " I think the film is magnificent overall but, like many other, I assume, there are things I wish were covered more and other things that were overdone. As it happens, the director decided that the "war" between Senna and Prost should be a major central theme and so that's the focus of the film. Hey, I agree with Senna that pole was on the wrong side that day and Balestre was a fool to say he was always right! But then, do you run into the other guy to get your way? Since you haven't seen the film you are not in a position to recognize that it clearly exposes Senna's flaw and thus supports you point. Go see it........

Liked: 0

Default Senna Move plus Isle of Mann TT

We went and saw the Senna movie and the movie ā€œ Closer to the Edge ā€œ about the Isle of Mann TT race about a week apart. I enjoyed the Senna movie, but found it hard to watch towards the end when they featured his last race weekend. Just knowing how it was going to end almost made we want to leave.

Iā€™m not a motorbike racing fan, but the Isle of Mann race week made great viewing. We saw it in 3D and it is no wonder so many riders have been killed in the event. Really worth seeing if you get the chance. Those riders who compete there are completely nuts.

Liked: 24

Anyone have a clue where to buy it with English subtitles...I received one...but cannot understand Portages ....searched and searched and ...no luck

Quote Originally Posted by DB4 Tim View Post
    Anyone have a clue where to buy it with English subtitles...I received one...but cannot understand Portages ....searched and searched and ...no luck
    I have a Blue Ray rip of it with English subtitles. PM me..

TW

Liked: 25

Default Official US DVD Release March 6

Paul Zimmerman of Motorsport Collector has sent out an email saying that the release of the official US DVD of "Senna" will be March 6. He says it will be a 2 disc set and he is taking orders. He is not sure about Blu-Ray
    - Frank C

Liked: 238

Quote Originally Posted by DB4 Tim View Post
    First time I tried to watch my video I had the same problem (that is, I THINK I had the same problem). I contacted the seller (via Amazon.com) and he told me how to set the video to get English subtitles. It was a very strange fix and it was several months ago so this may be wrong but ... I believe he said to set the language to Porteuguese instead of English. Then the subtitles appeared.
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

Default US BluRay release 12/20

Amazon is taking pre-orders on the US BluRay for shipment 12/20. It appears that it is BluRay only no DVD.

OK that is one ya got to go ...huh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garry View Post
    First time I tried to watch my video I had the same problem (that is, I THINK I had the same problem). I contacted the seller (via Amazon.com) and he told me how to set the video to get English subtitles. It was a very strange fix and it was several months ago so this may be wrong but ... I believe he said to set the language to Porteuguese instead of English. Then the subtitles appeared.

Liked: 324

Quote Originally Posted by stigwhiteCF24 View Post
    Amazon is taking pre-orders on the US BluRay for shipment 12/20. It appears that it is BluRay only no DVD.
    does anyone know if this DVD is the short (US release) or long version? I may have to get this one, it was awesome in the theater..
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (ā€˜72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Default Netflix

It just popped up in Netflix streaming. I'm not sure how they got it before the US DVD release. I watched it just in case they remove it..

Liked: 49

Guys, it's spelled Portuguese! :P

Liked: 1115

Amazon canceled my order and it no longer shows as available.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 309

Default iTunes...

"Senna" now available via iTunes as well...
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Sure easy for you ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Santos View Post
    Guys, it's spelled Portuguese! :P

Liked: 1115

Aaand..now Amazon has a regular DVD available for pre-order with release in March. I guess we'll see.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 25

Default DVD Update from Senna's Director

Paul Zimmerman of Motorsport Collector emailed an update about the DVD. He was confused by all the versions out there and contacted the movie's director, Asif Kapadia. This was what he heard:

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]"Paul [/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]The official US release on DVD and (hopefully) Blu-ray will be in March 2012.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]So any version on sale before that will be an import or a bootleg. Therefore it's a gamble.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]The only note to pass on to customers who cannot wait until March is that SENNA is now available in the US for rental / VOD from iTunes, Netflix etc.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]If they do intend to purchase the film before March, they should buy the UK DVD / Bluray or best the 'triple play' version as it features English subtitles. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]Beware the Brazilian / Japanese / Italian versions as they do not have English subs.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]Also the customer will need a multi-region DVD player to view these imports.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]Best[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]Asif"[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]- Frank C[/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default All Region DVD Players

For anyone interested in great racing DVDs, Paul has a good selection of UK (PAL) DVDs. For players I can strongly recommend the Pioneer DV-610AV. This is a genuine "all region" unit and NOT a modified NTSC unit - best to steer clear of those! It costs about $100 and performs flawlessly. So far I have watched two exceptional DUKE DVDs - 'BIG BANGERS AT BRANDS" which is about the Guards International Trophy race of 1965 featuring Surtees, Stewart, McLaren, Hill, Hulme and Gurney in Can-Am cars. The sound alone is worth the price of admission. The second PAL DVD I've seen covers the 1983 WSC Series (115 minuteslong) with the likes of Ickx, Bell, Wollek, Hobbs, Holbert, Mass, Jones, Alboreto, Patrese, Rosberg, Andretti and the astoundingly fast Stefan Bellof - in 956s and Lancias. Great racing, first rate commentary and great photography.

I had no clue there was such a thing and Mulit Region Player

Liked: 319

Default Nuts to Amazon

I'll wait until Paul has them in at MS Collector. I've never been dissappointed with anything I've gotten from them and the personal service is well worth the few extra $.

Senior Member Jean-Sebastien Stoezel's Avatar
    Liked: 15

Looks like Senna might have been right thinking MS had some sort of traction control.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...ds-verstappen/

They do mention it in the movie but make it sound like Senna was the only one to believe MS had TC.
    ----------------------------
    Jean-Sebastien Stoezel
    Western Canada Motorsport Association (WCMA)
    FV #0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information