Liked: 4

Default What type of headers for Merlyn 11A?

The headers that came on my Merlyn 11A hit the top chassis rail (and thus don't seal completely flat on the head).

What type of headers work on a Merlyn 11A. (Header tubes that do not drop down after leaving the exhaust port would work very well.

The two Merlyn 11As on the "British Racecar" site have headers that clear the chassis tubes.

Thanks in advance!

Angus

Angus:

Go to the BAT site [url]http://www.batinc.net/main.htm], download the catalog and check out the "out and incline" or "out and back" header/exhaust offerings. I bought one for my Merlyn 20A and it works fine.
    FFR Daytona, '12 F-250, Merlyn '71 Mk 20 FFI
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest!" Mark Twain

The BAT "out and back incline" was the closest to fitting. I'll redo my measurement. I may be able to alter the removable chassis brace to clear the #4 pipe. Hytek has a model that will clear but they appear to be $1,600...ouch.

Thanks!

Angus

Liked: 123

I believe the original fitment for the 11A was down and under, but I don't have photographs to show. If originality is no issue, then the out-the side and back type is very common these days. Between BAT and Stahl, you'll find a set of mandrel bent mild steel out and back headers that will fit, but original type will almost certainly have to be custom made, hence quite pricey.

Brian

Liked: 7

photo of the down and under here:

http://www.race-cars.com/carsold/mer...1/m11x01pf.htm

Liked: 123

that is a beautiful hand made sand bent header! four into two into one. Very traditional. Very original car, too.

Brian

Stahl has stopped producing fully assembled headers. They do have a couple of "kits" left.

Thread Information