Liked: 0

Default 2003 GMC Topkick Stolen

Stolen from the Comfort Inn, Brossard Quebec, late last night, our 2003 GMC topkick race car hauler. White with SSP Motorsports lettering on the doors. Please contact 613-539-1943 with any information. Licence plate AA FD.

Liked: 8

Default Sorry to Hear

about this, Hector. We (the motorsport community) lose trucks and trailers every year in Quebec. Two weeks ago Gunter Schmidt lost his truck trailer and race car in Laval. Two years ago, at an ICAR event, there were THREE rigs stolen.

The thieves know exactly what they want, are expert in getting them, and they are "gone" the same day.

Because the St.Lawrence is the gateway to ocean shipping to the world, the stolen rigs are often on a vessel the same day they were stolen.

You need to alarm/GPS and disable your vehicles! That is one of the reasons I travel now with the motorhome. I don't stay in motels in quebec, especially along major routes. These dudes just cruise along LOOKING for the opprotunity!

Last year the knobs stole a trailer....oops! Inside were two llamas and a tiger! (not sure about the llamas, but there were a couple of animals and the tiger!! At least the creeps had some heart...the trailer was found a few days later...and the animals had been fed and left with water. Could have been a far worse outcome

These thieves in Quebec are professionals! and FULL TIME professionals. They would kill you if you caught'em and tried to stop them. Guaranteed!

The only way for us to protect ourselves is to disable/alarm/track!!

With that said, I have shackled, tongue-blocked my new trailer. But I have not yet alarmed it; better get at it this week!
    Last edited by brownslane; 06.14.11 at 4:25 PM.
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Liked: 123

My solution is don't park a truck or trailer overnight within 100 KM of Montreal. I try really hard not to break that rule. About the only way to discourage them is to take all the wheels off and store them in your hotel room.

Brian

Default You're Right

Brian, you are right! But also it is a great idea to stay off the 401 on the way home (for sleeping, that is). They cruise the 401 looking for 'easy meat".

I wish somebody would shoot a few of the creeps!
    Tom Owen

Default Horror Stories!

Unfortunately we know of many of these horror stories when in Quebec. I am not a prejudicial person but these "people" should not even be allowed into Canada. We all know who they are. The Canadian Laws are not strict enough on prosecution as in the USA. Maybe if they were, there would be less crime, but I doubt it. We need to take the same stance as the Australian Government, when you come to our country, from another, you have one right; the right to leave. Do not come into the country with the intention to have us accommodate your beliefs. You live by our rules! Do you think we would get away with that in their country? Not a chance in Hell! Sooner or later, what goes around comes around and I hope these individuals enjoy their ride while they can. Will keep all posted with updates.

Liked: 7

I had my trailer stolen from my yard about 15 minutes south of Montreal in March. It was brand new, never had a chance to use it! Like Tom said, the thieves had to be on the lookout for trailers like this, because mine was well hidden from the road, was brand new and arrived from Toronto, and was even delivered to me at midnight on a weeknight. How did they know it was there?!

May I ask a question: isn't SSP Motorsport in Kingston also known as Steve Pickering? Was the race car stolen along with the trailer? Can we see a picture?

Daniel

Default Port Tuckey

Daniel, sorry to hear about your problems....boy, that one sucked!

My trailers (about 25 mins from Mosport) are down a little "Red-neck road" and you have to pass by all my neighbors....a lot of them are armed....my "best friend" on the road (an older guy who cuts my grass) is an old-school Satans Choice rider....ya don't want to get caught heisting my trailer up here in "Port-tuckey"

Personally, I prefer to have my credit card hacked than lose my race rig....It costs me a lot less $$$ and a LOT less heartache! I can get another credit card today...the race-specific gear I have accumulated has taken a lifetime to amass!

I hope there is a special corner in Hell for these creeps! Right next to the stove!!!

Best,
    Last edited by brownslane; 06.14.11 at 4:24 PM. Reason: clarity
    Tom Owen

Default photos

Yes Daniel, it is my son Steve Pickering. And no the trailer was already at the track, thank God, but I guess it could have been taken as well. Adding a photo of the truckAttachment 25522

Liked: 7

Hector,

That sucks. I will keep an eye out for it

Daniel

Thanks.

Liked: 1417

Ok guys, can we keep the racist and ethnicity slurs out of these forums, please? This type of discussion on stolen goods does not need to dive into attacks on entire cultures or skin colors. Bring it down a few notches, or it all gets removed and temporary banishments will be handed out.

Thread Information