Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Liked: 896

Quote Originally Posted by tedsimmons2 View Post
    What about individual inlet restrictors (IIR)? No, I don’t have a horse in this race but potentially may have a pony in the F600 race. It’s been suggested that IIRs can restrict all four brands of MC 600cc engines to a reasonable HP to compete on equal footing with the unrestricted 500cc snowmobile engines in F500. Not a SIR but a restrictor placed downstream from the airbox to limit HP. Would this work on the 1000cc engines? If not, I’m curious how it would work on the 600cc but not the 1000cc. It’s even rumored that George Dean has said this would work on the 600cc engines.

It will work Ted. The CRB can do this for FB at anytime but they have not see the need for it yet. However, The F1K series has already provided a functional set of engine rules for their series IMHO.

Thanks ... Jay Novak

Liked: 23

I agree with Jay. There is already a functional set of rules for the F1K series- If you don't like their rules, don't play! Simple as that.

The wining of what MAY have to be done IF someone shows up with one of these engines in a car actually turning out, say, 190 dependable horsepower is ridiculous. If some one does, then address the problem if there is one.

Other than that, shut up and go racing! That is what I'm going to do- this'll be my last post on this subject. I'm saving my coins for next year and if I don't have enough, I'll find some one who wants to drive in this series that can bring a spare engine, a few bucks and doesn't wine about the rules.

I'm out

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information