Liked: 62

Default Hearing Protection - Kids at the Track

Not to be the forum monopolizer, but another quick question.

Do those of you who bring your younger kids to the track with you, bring some type of hearing protection with you for them? If so, what do you use? I don't think I can get adult size foam ear plugs into my 4 1/2 year old.

Thanks!

Glenn

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

I have Peltor Jr. size ear muffs for my 3yr. old; they work well, he seems to like them and they are probably preferable to trying to stick, and keep, plugs in their ears.

Aaron

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

Liked: 319

Pardon Me???

"I said, 'When I was a kid we didn't have any fancy hearing protection at the race track.'"

Liked: 42

Pelter jr. Lots of colors available t amazon. Black for the boy and the girl picked out pink.

Liked: 62

Thanks for the guidance. A pair of black Pelton Jrs will be here on Wednesday from Amazon. Only $14 before shipping.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

We've been using the pink waxy things sold as munchkin ear protection at places like Walgreens. Seems to work ok, though the first time they get the gizmos out and they roll around in the dirt, I can't imagine putting them back in an ear.

Liked: 33

Since I am always working the corners at the track I seem to notice a lot of the kids use the peltor jr ones. I used to use full size ones when I was younger but that was long ago, got them from farm and fleet.

A hardware store or some place that sells lawn equipment might be good also. Want them to be able to be used when they grow. Kids like ones with colors....hell I still like things with colors.

Speaking of which anyone know a good place to get ones that have the mic or the am/fm radio for cheap?
    Chris Buccola track brat since 1986.
    Chicago Region- Corner Worker
    Spec Racer Ford Gen 2 #38

Liked: 0

Bought those for my son (1yr) and they work great
    Better to have raced for a day...
    than been a spectator for life!

Thread Information