Liked: 2

Default mysterious formula ford

Hi .i try to do a formula ford register for myself .so far theres no intention to publish (too much trouble for the pay with the new photo copyright religion). and yes i have already the very good book from steve Nickless so as many other books on the subject plus zillion docs and mags. but theres a couple of cars that i still not have any good pictures like the canadian Chinook for exemple. but right now whats bugging me is that pictures that i saw at a formula ford site from holland www.racehistorie.nl .the caption say "garith rees" sic .i know theres a garEth rees but that was much later. one thing the driver seem to be british ( an occasional drive of geof Lees??). the car look a bit like a MRE or TIGA or even a swiss LCR but not one fit exactly

Liked: 1878

Try contacting the guys at Ferret Industries - they were building the Ferret at about the same time.

Liked: 3787

A beautiful Ferret... and while we are on rare... a Bowman... and living proof that different can be beautiful; the Hayrshi.
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 01.08.11 at 5:00 PM.

Liked: 141

Quote Originally Posted by R. Pare View Post
    Try contacting the guys at Ferret Industries - they were building the Ferret at about the same time.
    Jon Hirst (Ferret historian etc) reads this forum - he'll be replying I'm sure.

is it possible that its HAYASHI a japanese FF (base on the Nickless book imprted by jacques Couture for a while) ,great i. didnt had any pic of that one too. to come back to the picture upthere a gent at 10/tenths solve the mysterie its a Royale RP-29 (circa 1982) a car(the rp-29 in general ,not this specific car) who at first was with flat nose and side radiators and then modified cause of his uncompetitivness
    Last edited by philippe C; 11.18.10 at 4:33 PM.

sometime its a good thing to take a break in the search or its my lucky week ;it look that a cooper-chinook did a comeback in historic FF in the UK last summer its maybe the only one left

Liked: 106

I'm not sure about the cooper-chinook, but that certainly isn't the last Chinook around. An Apex member has a couple, and I know of another one that went to Denver.

Gary
    Gary Tholl
    #24 BlurredVisionRacing

Liked: 9

Sorry, don't mean to take over the thread. Great pic of the Chinook in the UK. We have 2 Chinooks. 1 that has run actively for the past 10 years with RMVR in Colorado and another which is about 75% through a restoration.

If anyone might have contact info for the party running the car in the UK. Might you kindly share.

There is a 4th car I know of in the Pacific NW.

Thanks

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default hold on

every Chinook i ever drove had a red leather covered steering wheel

just wondering if that was true for these cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuss717 View Post
    Sorry, don't mean to take over the thread. Great pic of the Chinook in the UK. We have 2 Chinooks. 1 that has run actively for the past 10 years with RMVR in Colorado and another which is about 75% through a restoration.

If anyone might have contact info for the party running the car in the UK. Might you kindly share.

There is a 4th car I know of in the Pacific NW.

Thanks
    theres many pictures of the same car taken at brands, croft ,oulton mallory and so on right now on flickr and other place. its always written 1970 cooper -chinook but no other details not even the driver/owner name

Quote Originally Posted by provamo View Post
    every Chinook i ever drove had a red leather covered steering wheel

just wondering if that was true for these cars?
    im curious about the badge/logo look like a red maple leaf

finnaly found an entrants list of croft aug 2010 with all the names .the name is Stuart Dix

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default Oh Canada!

Quote Originally Posted by philippe C View Post
    im curious about the badge/logo look like a red maple leaf

the Chinook builders, the Fejer brothers were out of Torontoland as i recall hence the red maple leaf and probably the red steering wheels

Thread Information