Contributing Member captaineddie1975's Avatar
    Liked: 19

Default ARRC F500/600 - Coop

If anyone is looking for Glenn Cooper this weekend he is driving one of those little cars but not the ring ding ding ones. He is in Jay Novak's new F600. I wonder how he likes it?

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by captaineddie1975 View Post
    If anyone is looking for Glenn Cooper this weekend he is driving one of those little cars but not the ring ding ding ones. He is in Jay Novak's new F600. I wonder how he likes it?
    He's having fun, qual'd 2nd at 1:31.059.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 553

Pics ...
    Last edited by RussMcB; 09.29.13 at 9:32 AM.

Liked: 114

Default Coop - F6

picked up 5+ seconds today. Made some changes to car, much to Coop's liking

http://picasaweb.google.com/pepperbowe/2010ARRCAPEX#

Some ontrack photos of Giancarlo in the F6

Liked: 5

For some reason the name hasn't been switched on the registration so if you see Brian Novak's name in the results that is actually Glen driving. Should be a great race tomorrow between Clint and Glen. Glen was only 0.3s behind him. Pretty amazing driving considering it was only Glen's 5 session in a brand new car and brand new class.
    Chris Ross
    09 NovaKBS F600 #36 Powered by '09 600 Suzuki GSX-R
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

Yeah, the announcer kept talking about Brian Novak but we knew it was Coop. Hopefully they'll get that straightened out before today's race.

It's pretty cool having Greg Creamer (and another good announcer, sorry, don't know his name). If you're in your street car driving around Rd Atl, tune in to 96.7 FM

Chris, your car looks great and I'm sure your driving it well. You have my sympathy being on the track with Clint and Coop. Those two are really impressive drivers. I watched at T1 and they were on (and a little over) the edge every time.

Good luck and have fun.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Thanks Russ. A small part of me wants to sit on the side of the track just so I can watch Clint and Coop fight it out. This is my first year racing so I have a long way to go to get to Clint or Coop's level. I'm having fun and that is what is important.
    Chris Ross
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

Contributing Member
    Liked: 10

Default MC 600cc engine F500

These cars are running unrestricted - no IIRs. Evidently they have developed "problems" using IIRs not seen during dyno testing. In any case they appear to be quite impressive in the unrestricted format.

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by lancer360 View Post
    Thanks Russ. A small part of me wants to sit on the side of the track just so I can watch Clint and Coop fight it out. This is my first year racing so I have a long way to go to get to Clint or Coop's level. I'm having fun and that is what is important.
    Hey Dude, don't feel bad, I've been racing over 20 years & qualified 6th out of a 6 car FS field. I keep telling my little 1.3 Busa engine; yes you can, yes you can!
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Chris, I see you got 2nd place! Good job.

I guess something happened to Clint. He and Coop battled for the lead for about 5 laps before Clint dropped out.

Coop was way ahead of everyone for a long time, then Fred Edwards caught up in his F500 and it was a good battle. On the last lap Fred passed Coop in T7 but couldn't hold it on the track and had a small off (but was able to continue for 2nd OA).

Check out pepperbowe's awesome pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/pepperbo...1106Apexspeed#
    Last edited by RussMcB; 12.12.11 at 10:16 PM.

Around lap 5 or 6, Coop slipped by Clint going through 12. As they came down the front straight they came up on two FV's or FST's in a draft. Coop went to the inside and Clint went to the outside trying to get a better line into turn 1. The blue flag was waving and the the V's moved left when they saw Coop on the inside. This forced Clint 4 wheels into the grass. How the hell Clint saved it and didn't hit the wall has us all scratching out heads. Unfortunately, it stuffed his radiator full of grass and ended his chances of completing the race. Up until that point I heard they had a hell of a battle going with the lead changing several times, sometimes more than once in the same lap. I got lapped with a few laps to go, and then started suffering bad fuel starvation and pulled into the pits at lap 18 so I didn't die on the track and bring out another yellow. Coop also suffered fuel starvation and ran out completely in the paddock. He had to be pushed to impound. Overall I was happy with the weekend. The front brakes were giving me fits so I was having to brake very early and lightly to keep the rear from locking up, but I still managed to get back to my best time from April which was with a healthy car. I'm really looking forward to next year. There should be at least two more F6's running in the SARRC series. Anyone take any video of the start? I'm curious to hear what 4 F6's sounded like.
    Chris Ross

Liked: 65

Quote Originally Posted by lancer360 View Post
    I'm curious to hear what 4 F6's sounded like.
    sounds like a formula car race, not a snowmobile race.

sounds very good

Thread Information