Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 985

Jim,

You have beat this horse before as I recall; go back to your October postings. Are you just bored this weekend?

While the Radon may use carbon panels such as the Stohr, I do not believe (perhaps I am wrong) that they are attached in the same fashion. Simply stated, the DSR is not limited to fastening them on 6" centers. This, according to my sources, would have a profound impact on the viability of same in a crash. I further believe there are serious liability implications of such a hybrid design which does not follow the rules of the class. We have over 40 years of experience with tube frame design in FF and countless more in other forms of motor racing. The Radon is a new and unique approach which, from a liability point of view would need to be reviewed very closely. It could well be acceptable, but if it isn't the price to pay would be big. Opinions may vary, I gave you mine.

If we are going to move forward with composite structures in these classes I do think it would be easier to utilize an F3 car rather than going through the gyrations of creating a token tube frame. Do I think we should start down this road, NO. And yes, if we do go down the road towards semi or hybrid-monocoque cars then the entire rolling fleet of FF/FC cars will be obsolete. Again, this is my opinion.

I am not sure what your deal is Jim, I shared my thoughts and opinions with you and because you did not like them or agree you want to pick a fight on APEX. Go ahead, show everyone your true make up or maybe you will just tell me to **** off like you did Steve.

Again, if you wish to discuss this like an adult give me a call. If you simply want to bash me then start a new thread.

John

Liked: 10

Default Sway

John:
    Not trying to personally attack anyone. I just was taken back by the conversation we had. I was told by you that you were on an advisory board. I just thought that the board was supposed to be informed and unbiased. I found my conversation with you to be neither.

As for telling someone to f off. I was insulted and responded. I think by myself and the other person involved have apologized to each other for the misunderstanding and have moved on.

Jimmy

Default Elan Panels (John Nesbitt)

John Nesbitt, could you assist me in navigating the SCCA process for the Elan Panels to be able to be used on my car. You have a lot better understanding of how to navigate the SCCA than I. I would greatly appreciate your help in this.

Thanks in advance,
    Jimmy

Liked: 896

Jimmy, to put Kevlar panels inside or outside of your frame that are attached with tie wraps will NOT require SCCA approval. We have the exact panels you are referring to on our FE car & there are no questions about things like this. Put them on your car with confidence.

The SCCA has no interest in preventing you from adding saftey to your car UNLESS it is also doing something esle very significant susch as the Radon "structural" panels.

Thanks ... Jay Novak

Default Panels:

Jay:
    Thanks for the input. I can appreciate the tywrap not adding to the rigidity but I have to admit, I don't really trust that method of fastening. What are the rules about me attaching the panels with rivet, etc?

I know you've seen the cockpit of a Stohr. Could I have similar panels built and riveted on?

I'm no Sebastian Vettel. It would take a lot more than a few carbon panels to put me at the sharp end of the stick at the runoffs. I just want to feel safe when I'm behind the wheel.

Thanks in advance,
    jimmy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information