Liked: 1

Default Runoffs Reports?

Can anyone report on any Atlantic news from the Runoffs? I would love to see some pictures of the cars, especially Grant and Mucha.

Default Wilcox?

Does anyone know if Wilcox is driving the DB4 this year?

Liked: 2

I think David is driving his DB out of Mirls tent, interesting though is that model has been left blank next to make, looks like they like to leave those of us that are not there to speculate. I have a text out to khill guys. Eformula news indicated it was a DB. Looks like the 016 cars are 3-4 sec off the pace
    grant 2:02.476
    wilcox 2:03.042
    mallinen 2:03.282
    "The visibility at the best of times is liable to be a bit hazy due to clouds of ignorance"... Carroll Smith

Contributing Member Drivers Services's Avatar
    Liked: 5

Default Wilcox is in a 014

Wilcox is in a 014 rented from Swan Motorsports

Liked: 2

looks like he is not having any issues in a newer car good for him !!!
    "The visibility at the best of times is liable to be a bit hazy due to clouds of ignorance"... Carroll Smith

Liked: 126

Did Wilcox go to the pits after the race? Doesn't that disqualify his win?

Liked: 14

hopefully he went straight to impound and they sent him back out, otherwise...........
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Liked: 553

Wow. That was an exciting finish. Tough luck for Grant. He had a huge lead all race long before the caution. It's hard not to be happy for Wilcox, though.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Quote Originally Posted by RobLav View Post
    Did Wilcox go to the pits after the race? Doesn't that disqualify his win?
    I think that by "going to his pits", the TV crew were being a bit imprecise; he simply drove to his own hot pit stall instead of stopping in the media interview box. No harm, no foul.

Cheers,
    Rennie

Liked: 126

Thanks for the clarification Rennie.

Liked: 0

Congratulations to David Wilcox a great guy and a greater driver also to Mirl Swan for another immaculate prep job. JMD

Liked: 84

congrats to Wilcox, he really pulled it off in the last lap but damn if I was Grant I'd be beyond pissed, he was soooo far ahead the entire race, that yellow really screwed him, it became a two lap race. You have to feel bad for him. Congrats to both of them, they both ran a great race

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    congrats to Wilcox, he really pulled it off in the last lap but damn if I was Grant I'd be beyond pissed, he was soooo far ahead the entire race, that yellow really screwed him, it became a two lap race. You have to feel bad for him. Congrats to both of them, they both ran a great race
    Yes, he was clearly checked out until the Yellow. I'm sure he was probably upset to see his lead vanish, but dropping his wheel in 14 is what cost him the win. I'd be more pissed at myself for making the mistake after driving such a great race....until the last lap.

Wow, that full course caution was an absolute disaster for Grant. He drove a great race, but made a crucial error in the very last turn. Congrats to Wilcox on the win. He was always very fast in his DB4, and Mirl's team really knows how to prep and engineer a 014. If I could afford it I would already be on the phone to Mirl trying to line up a car rental for next year's race.

Does anyone know what happened in T5 on the last lap? Looked as though Jason Byers race may have ended there unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickshoe View Post
    Yes, he was clearly checked out until the Yellow. I'm sure he was probably upset to see his lead vanish, but dropping his wheel in 14 is what cost him the win. I'd be more pissed at myself for making the mistake after driving such a great race....until the last lap.
    without a doubt, I just felt bad saying that, I didn't want to be the one rubbing salt in the wound, but you are 100% right that last turn was a disaster.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

I wasn't meaning to rub salt in the wound. We all make mistakes. It usually comes down to who makes the fewest. That's the only one I saw him make during the broadcast.

I will say that I found it excellent sportsmanship, mature and therefore refreshing to see him not drive him towards the wall during the charge to the finish. Hope he gets a shot at redemption sooner rather than later.

Liked: 707

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Ross View Post
    Does anyone know what happened in T5 on the last lap? Looked as though Jason Byers race may have ended there unfortunately.
    This should explain it:

http://www.vimeo.com/15290580

Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Quote Originally Posted by Quickshoe View Post
    I will say that I found it excellent sportsmanship, mature and therefore refreshing to see him not drive him towards the wall during the charge to the finish. Hope he gets a shot at redemption sooner rather than later.
    Agreed.

Liked: 4

Congrats to Mike, Keith and especially Dave. Well done!!!

Default Run-offs '10 results

A big shout out for David, Keith, and Michael - all three fast, smooth, and clean. From my vantage point (still learning the Ralt), you guys are fun to race with. Also, again this year, Mirl showed that he is a master engineer and race strategist.

Good luck to all preparing for next season!
    Charles C. Duncan
    Swift 016a #98/99

Liked: 0

Default FA Runoff Photos

Does anyone have any photos of the Atlantics from the Runoffs???

Liked: 9

Default They caused their own FCY

Truth be told, the leaders caused their own FCY....especially Grant. Waving yellow at 10 and yellow at the Kink. Had he...and several others, driven through the incident zone at a bit more reasonable and prudent speed, that FCY would have never happened. It continues to amaze me the apparent disregard for the safety workers out there helping our fellow competitors. I am not sure why this sort of thing doesn't get addressed at driver's meetings....but of course...not all drivers attend those either. Understand when those safety workers feel that drivers aren't respecting the area of the incident, they ask for....and get EVERY time a full course yellow. Just sayin'
    Currently Without Car

Liked: 4

You may be right...but it will never happen. FCY is the only realistic resolution.

How many drivers do you know that are racing for a runoffs win that will slow down to a "reasonable and prudent speed"? Even though you know its the right thing to do, you're just thinking the guy behind you will use this yellow to catch and maybe pass you on the next straight. I'm not sayin' its right...or smart. I'm just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Ellingson View Post
    Truth be told, the leaders caused their own FCY....especially Grant. Waving yellow at 10 and yellow at the Kink. Had he...and several others, driven through the incident zone at a bit more reasonable and prudent speed, that FCY would have never happened. It continues to amaze me the apparent disregard for the safety workers out there helping our fellow competitors. I am not sure why this sort of thing doesn't get addressed at driver's meetings....but of course...not all drivers attend those either. Understand when those safety workers feel that drivers aren't respecting the area of the incident, they ask for....and get EVERY time a full course yellow. Just sayin'

Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by P.W. LeCain View Post
    You may be right...but it will never happen. FCY is the only realistic resolution.

How many drivers do you know that are racing for a runoffs win that will slow down to a "reasonable and prudent speed"? Even though you know its the right thing to do, you're just thinking the guy behind you will use this yellow to catch and maybe pass you on the next straight. I'm not sayin' its right...or smart. I'm just sayin'.

Couldn't agree more. Doesn't matter if it's the Runoffs or not though. Sad fact is...someone is going to get killed or very seriously injured...happened a few years ago at Blackhawk Farms during a Spec Racer race....driver didn't respect the yellow and they helicoptered a rescue worker off the property. My point was more that the FCY didn't screw anyone...they screwed themselves. I just hope that drivers understand that in some cases, they cause the FCY by not slowing even a little around the incident.
    Currently Without Car

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Ellingson View Post

You are exactly correct, the driver that went off Tom Beattie told me that the one of the corner workers go the sh*t scared out of him by one of the drivers coming pretty close to them and they immediately pulled the FCY

Thread Information