Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lime Rock

Liked: 3787

Default Victor Victorious

After 10 rounds Victor Carbone is still leading the points chase. Every picture Janice gets of him makes him look so young. Maybe because he is so young. On Saturday in the wet, most drivers switched to clear visors. Janice always tries to catch their eyes in the photos as they drive into the sun. You can't see it in the downsized images we put up for free, but in the high res versions, Victor's eyes display a intensity beyond his years. i am told by his crew that his feedback after every session is very detailed and precise.

His first DNF of the season was saturday morning. He bounced back to the top step on the podium that same afternoon. Here is a shot of him with a admirer on the fence behind the podium, taken just after Victor had given his Hoosier hat to another small girl.

Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.02.10 at 11:43 PM.

As long as Barry is lurking...

You have to wonder just how large their legal fees were that they are trying to work off by crewing for the Series' most entertaining lawyer? I have to believe Charles must of bailed them out of some real sticky wicket that they must now work off.

But... then maybe folks are saying the same thing when they see Dana volunteering to wear a PFR T-shirt.

Even though Charles' front wings show support for Sunoco, i suspect that is not his favorite fuel.
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.02.10 at 11:42 PM.

Walking through the paddock... I noticed a very rare sight under the Caldwell Racing canopy. The whole gang is looking very suspicious, maybe even guilty, wouldn't you say? Two things are missing, that are normally under their tent.

The most obvious is the #80 car. Any idea what the other one is?

If you were Bobby, would you buy a high resolution version of the second picture?

Default White Cars

With most of the races this year being in ultra-bright sunny conditions we have struggled to get decent shots of the cars that are painted predominately white. Ah, but add heavy cloud cover and a bit of rain...

Contributing Member Jonathan Hirst's Avatar
    Liked: 4

There are 28 views of the podium shot with Carly, more than double any other picture posted in the thread.

Lots of people wanting to get a closer look at that Ranger Up gear.
    I know my wife is hard to buy for.

Let me say that you guys seem to have an awful lot of fun in that series. Keep it up.

Jonathan
    ---------------------------------
    Ferret Industries Archival site
    Ferret Industries on Facebook
    Basement Bookshelf FF/CF Scanned article Archive

Liked: 96

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Hirst View Post
    There are 28 views of the podium shot with Carly, more than double any other picture posted in the thread.
    and only 6 views of my Dad & I. What are the demographics for this site, about 95% male?

Charles did not bail us out of trouble. We hang around because he is entertaining & he buys dinner.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Contributing Member Jonathan Hirst's Avatar
    Liked: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Beartrax View Post
    and only 6 views of my Dad & I.
    I could read your shirts without clicking on the picture
    ---------------------------------
    Ferret Industries Archival site
    Ferret Industries on Facebook
    Basement Bookshelf FF/CF Scanned article Archive

Liked: 553

Awesome reporting. Awesome pictures. Awesome series.

I especially like the spectator getting the hat, and the picture of all those people under the tent (http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/atta...2&d=1280203526). Those show a couple of the reasons we all love racing so much.

Maybe FF will get to be included someday and I can pop in for a round at Rd Atl.

Liked: 106

Default Nice Debut

Nice Debut for young newcomer Felix Serralles.
    First time in a F2000 car and in the wet qualifed 10th then 3rd
    Finishing a respectable 6th then 8th
    Not bad!
    Last edited by Phil Picard; 11.10.11 at 11:22 AM.

Phil,

You beat me to it. I was just working on Felix's file and talking with Rand about his impressive debut.

I think i like this image better than the one i shipped to Monty yesterday. The more time i spend with the files the more i find better detail...

How about a shot of the happy car owner and his handsome son?

Liked: 9

Default Both Ends

The SMR/Racehouse team certainly saw it all at LRP. Stevan did an incredible job and ran the car for all it was worth in qualifying and both races. He has been a huge addition to the team and a teammate in every sense of the word.
    In about 15 years of oval track racing Tim in the #06 had never turned a wheel in anger in the wet. Qualifying 16th & 19th was a confidence booster and an indication of his commitment to this series.
    When the sun came out on Saturday I relaxed a little and he was running a solid 12th until he lost the handling and was instantly in the tire barrier at about 100 mph. Very unpleasant being pinned inside but aside from some bruises and soreness he is ready to go IF we can fix the car for Road America. Looking at every option right now. Nobody said this would be easy.......
    Thanks to the dozens of fans and fellow teams who stopped by to congratulate Stevan, check on Tim and enjoy some BBQ and beverage at the same time. From an upstart team we have come a long way and are having a blast competing with you all.

"Beside that Mrs. Lincoln - how was the show?"

Thought i'd give some exposure to some of the other rookies.

Jim Hanrahan #89, driving the ex-Peter Gonzalez car. As Peter waits on delivery of the new Radon, he piloted the 95 car of Al Guibord.

Bob Reid drove his second event under the K-Hill tent and has moved up quite a bit in the field since his WGI debut with us, as he becomes more comfortable in the car. Reid is proof that you don't have to be the size of a horse jockey to drive a 2 liter car.

Jeff McCusker coming off a recent NARRC win, scored in the top ten on Saturday.

John Dole has been away from the Series for a few years, changed his car from white to black, but kept the red wheels.

Speaking of wheels, i just like shiny bright wheels over dull black ones... Tom Fatur, also a top ten finisher.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

I thought McAleer and Serralles were very impressive, quick and consistent. Reid and Hanrahan were steady and battled well within their respective battles. Drake who must have thought he jumped in the deep end of the pool did a respectable job in traffic especially with unfamiliar drivers and a speed disadvantage.

Allegra made a stong rebound from the morning disaster. We were thrilled with the win and happy to finish the second race with a minor (freaky) mechanical problem.

Erickson is fast. Very deep field good racing.

Default More In Depth Reporting

Due to his exhaustive social calendar, Charles Finelli only competed in the morning race. Teammate/Pit Crew/Truck Driver Brendan Puderbach skillfully negotiated a deal to drive in race 2.

Of course we had to correctly identify the driver (series rules, I think)...

Racer's tape & a Sharpie did the trick!
    Barry Wilcock

The most notable differences between the two drivers of the 83 car...

a. Helmet color.

b. Hazelnut did not park it on curbs, nor pit entry.

Brendan started the race carefully, then increased speed every lap until he plateaued at a comfortable pace that would have placed him mid-pack if not for the careful first laps.

Brendan also would have been further up in the field if another, damaged car had waited 20 seconds to re-enter the track... He was forced off at the left hander when that car came on track and failed to turn left.

I was impressed as I clicked the stop watch, considering that he has been out of the race car for a while.
    Barry Wilcock

Liked: 142

Quote Originally Posted by Beartrax View Post
    Brendan also would have been further up in the field if another, damaged car had waited 20 seconds to re-enter the track... He was forced off at the left hander when that car came on track and failed to turn left.

I was impressed as I clicked the stop watch, considering that he has been out of the race car for a while.
    It had been 2 years since I ran a race actually! I did a few laps at the glen over 4th of july weekend but that's all since august 2008. Big Thanks to Charles for letting me run his car!!!!!

I'd have gone a bit quicker but the setup was off and the car was super loose in the quick stuff and pushing like a pig in the left hander and I'd already crashed chucks car once that race, so I figured there was no need to push it any harder and ball it up. My plan was to put it on cruise control, have some fun and let the leaders by as cleanly as I could.

as for the early contact. Still not quite sure how or why the other driver managed to crash into me. So far the best theory I've come up with is "Ardie was very warm in the car, saw the cool crisp lake outside of the left hander, and was compelled beyond reason to go for a swim".

Ardie removed his nose long before he hit me and I didn't have any damage from the contact, so no biggy, **** happens! (sorry bout the salute ardie...)

Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Liked: 142

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    The most notable differences between the two drivers of the 83 car...

a. Helmet color.

b. Hazelnut did not park it on curbs, nor pit entry.

Brendan started the race carefully, then increased speed every lap until he plateaued at a comfortable pace that would have placed him mid-pack if not for the careful first laps.

BTW frog you missed one MAJOR difference inside the car. The waist belts were shortened by about a foot!

(sorry)

Thanks again chuck!
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information