Thread: tires needed

Liked: 0

Default tires needed

Looking for Vintage Formula Ford Dunlops. I have a race in two weeks and desprately need tires. Please feel free to reply with any info you may have about new or used tires. Thanks...

Liked: 94

Quote Originally Posted by lotus 69 View Post
    Looking for Vintage Formula Ford Dunlops. I have a race in two weeks and desprately need tires. Please feel free to reply with any info you may have about new or used tires. Thanks...
    I have a good set of used ones in Massachusetts. 413 623-0950 Kim Baker

Liked: 4

Default Sasco

You can always buy new from Sasco.

http://www.sascosports.com/

Paul T

Liked: 490

The last time I talked to Sasco, there were no new Dunlops in the U.S, or England.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Contributing Member Michial Shumate's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Christian,
    I have 2 sets bought last year that I have never used.
    Michial Shumate
    509-539-2010

Liked: 4

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Roland V. Johnson View Post
    The last time I talked to Sasco, there were no new Dunlops in the U.S, or England.
    Wow, how long ago was that?

Paul

Liked: 8

Default Dunlop Tires

Does anyone know what is going on with the Dunlop FF tire supply? Several of our SOVREN drivers have been trying to get new sets for the last couple of months. Kraus says Dunlop won't even answer their phone!! What gives. There seems to be a supply of Avon's available. It might be time for Monoposto to do some research and pick an alternate tire till the Dunlop tire shortage is back to normal availiability. I need some answers for our FF drivers.

Any input from Monoposto would be appreciated.

AL Murray
    SOVREN Co-Competition Chairman.

Liked: 490

Last week.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 160

Just to update people on the current situation with Dunlop FF tyres, we do have a container due to land in the next 7 days that does have a supply of them in it. Both Sasco and Roger Kraus Racing will be sent the majority of these tyres to help with your current tyre situations.

I can assure you that no one at Vintage Tyres (the North American Importer for Dunlop), or Britain West Motorsport (the warehouse for Vintage Tyres) is not answering the phone. We are available during our regular business hours as usual. Sometimes with our current ALMS schedules you may recieve a voice mail, but if you leave a message with your concerns or requirements it will be returned.

Tyre builds at Dunlop (and other tyre manufacturers) are based on previous years sales with and educated guess for increases. We have at the dealer, distributer and manufacturer level been caught out by the increase in sales for this and some other Dunlop products. The 2010 sales have far out sold the forcast (which was likely conservative, as most companies have done for 2010, given the global economy), and we are doing our best to catch up to the current demand.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, the information is below.

David Clubine
    Vintage Tyres/Britain West Motorsport
    519-756-1610
    fax 519-753-7553
    dclubine@sentex.net
    Last edited by David Clubine; 07.14.10 at 2:26 PM.

Liked: 8

Default Dunlop tires

David,

Thanks for the post and update. Amazing how rumors get passed along. I know a few of our drivers are pretty desperate and the price of old used up tires that normally nobody wants were high. Looks like we should have tires for our Labor Day race weekend. I'll pass the word on.

Thanks,

AL Murray, SOVREN

Thread Information