Liked: 0

Default FC to FB conversion.

I heard that certian year FC's are in demand for FB conversions. Does anyone know which years these cars are??

Thanks, JKM

Liked: 553

Hmm. When you say "in demand", do you mean people want them for FB but can't find them for sale? That may be true, but I haven't heard about that.

I think as a general rule, the later the year, the better. Whatever was fast as an FC will be a good FB. 98+ Van Diemens can be updated relatively easy with the Novak kit. Citation and Piper will work with you and are. Tatuus and earlier Van Diemen chassis have been converted successfully.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 126

Everyone's opinion on this varies...

Van Diemen RF99 and RF00 narrow track cars are a good conversion choice because they can be found relatively cheap, and you can fit the allowed 8" front rims without going afoul of the FB max width rule. The engine bay structure also easily splits away from the rest of the chassis. Watch out for broken chassis mounts there. And many people have done this.

Tatuus might also be a good choice if you can find one.

Forget Swift... the good ones are mostly FF's now with some FC's still around.

Not many modern Citation FC Pintos (post 1994 - I think 5 were built)

That probably about sums it up.

Liked: 896

1 Van Diemen kit left from the 1st batch. Fits 98 or later. They work pretty good too.

Thanks ... Jay
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Hello Jeff...Richard Dziak here. Are you trying to sell off your FC? raced with you many times in FC class in RMD. I moved up to FB and really is a thrill to drive.

If your converting to FB, consider the Novak conversion kit.

If your looking to sell off your FC, place an ad here in the FB section.

What are you doing, converting or exiting the racing and looking to sell your FC car?
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Thread Information