Liked: 2

Default Wheel Info Needed

I've been looking for another set of wheels (Panasports or Revolutions preferably) for my Merlyn Mk 11A. However, the current wheels (slotted mags) have a backspacing of 2.5" and I haven't been able to find either new or used wheels with this backspacing. Was 2.5" backspacing standard for these cars? Any suggestions on how to deal with this issue?

Thanks,
    -Chris Redd

Liked: 0

Revolution swith 2 1/2" backspace have been out of production for years. Very hard to find. Zink z10 uses a 2.5 backspace - don't know of any others.

Liked: 953

Quote Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
    I've been looking for another set of wheels (Panasports or Revolutions preferably) for my Merlyn Mk 11A. However, the current wheels (slotted mags) have a backspacing of 2.5" and I haven't been able to find either new or used wheels with this backspacing. Was 2.5" backspacing standard for these cars? Any suggestions on how to deal with this issue?

Thanks,
    -Chris Redd
    Chris,

May I suggest you contact Wes Allen. His cotact info is listed in the member sections. He is very knowledgable on things Merlyn and would know the correct offset.

Regards,
    Dan Wise
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Wheels

I'm not sure what year your car is, but most of these cars (early FFs) ran steel wheels, typically from the Triumph Spitfire. These obviously didn't have different backspacing front/back.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 246

Many of the vintage cars used 2.5 in backspace at one end or both (Titan, Lola, Zink, etc) As noted above Revo quit making these years ago and I don't think Panasport ever did. Options today are use common 3.25-3.5 backspace wheels that are commonly available and live with the narrower track. Find used 2.5 Revo's (they are out there but most folks who have them dont want to sell). Build a set of well designed 1 in spacers front and rear and use 3.5 backspace wheels. Buy modern 3 piece wheels with 2.5 backspace.

Liked: 5

Default wheels

what is the lug spacing of your wheels? i have a set of older panasport wheels iwth 3 3/4 lug pattern ,3" back spacing inside yours for $275 goody421@charter.net

Liked: 1

I had this same problem after breaking a Minilite last year. This backspace is VERY rare and the guys with them don't want to let them go. I ended up with a new set of three piece modular Panasports. Don't ask the price.

Thread Information