Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

Default 07/08 GSXR 1000 WIRING HARNESS

Looking for a stock harness with the rectifier - ECM is optional

Liked: 6

Default Make an Offer

Mike,

I've got a spare harness with rectifier. Make an offer with or without ECU.

Sent email but not sure if it went through.

Thanks,

Tom

Liked: 0

I know that I'm reading things into your desire for a harness and specifically a rectifier BUT I have found that if I don't run a separate ground wire from the rectifier ground right to the negative post of the battery I end up prematurely losing the rectifier (and sometimes some wiring). Grounding the rectifier ground to a good firm, clean section of the frame should be enough but electricity sometimes has a mind of its own.

Hasty Horn

Liked: 0

Hasty - have you found that rectifiers get really hot (unless mounted in a fresh airstream)?

Clark

Liked: 21

Default Air flow

It seems to me that to get the most life out of a rectifier it should be kept cool.

I am not 100% certain about the inner workings, but I am pretty sure that the diodes in the rectifier lose efficiency as their operating temperature rises. Basically, if the rectifier is cool then it will do a better job of turning horse power into electricity rather than converting it into heat.
    Dustin Wright
    Phoenix Race Works L.L.C.
    www.phoenixraceworks.com

Thread Information