Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Liked: 1116

Of course you are right too, they won't and I wouldn't either. Competition adjustments only please those playing catch up in the short term.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Kevin, tell us how you really feel! ( Love you man!, Not in the Charles Finelli way, but you understand)

I own an iron head,I supported the change. Costs aside, the genie is out of the bottle, if we don't come to some sort of parity soon, as in right now, the class in SCCA is dead. I can get out by converting my car to a FF. Others have the choice to continue as always rebuilding every 800-900 miles,convert to Zetec and be non-competitive to the top 10% pintos, leave club go "pro", go run regional or sell your car to some newbie , (give in to the dark side) buy an FE and drive around in a compromised POS with large fields. BTW I used to own an FE (1st generation) the worst car I have ever owned! So how else can we fragment this group?

BTW, Phil, Thanks for all the time and effort.

Dave W. you're a bright guy. Can we come up with an entirely new formula (that iincorporates current equipment fairly ) that works? After all the FB class has gained national status from zero in less time than we have been beating this dead horse?

No changes or rules should consider Nikki, he has done a great job with the correct aero ,tire and driver package. Any top driver who wants to show up at every race with a fresh engine,track knowledge,and the correct tire can compete. He also limits his competition to his area of expertise. Which for an amatuer racer is what it is supposed to be about. All of the bitching aside if you want to compete with the years of development in Nikki's car it might be cheaper to run F2000.
    Last edited by jim morgan; 12.26.08 at 7:35 PM. Reason: sp

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

Jim- I think you've hit on the real issue: FC needs a face lift and a long term road map for the future. Anyone and everyone involved who is passionate about the class needs to understand where we are right now (stagnant and in trouble) and buy into the process. I think it can be done, but it won't be perfect (not a clean design slate to start with) and it will cost competitors at least some money. We've come a long way with the modern motor package already, but there is more needed.

This forum is a great tool to facilitate such an undertaking....
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information