Contributing Member
    Liked: 25

Default Kugelfischer F.I.

Is there someone in this forum that would be willing to give me basic advice regarding the Kugelfischer mechanical injection as was used on Formula Super Vee water cooled engines.
    The fuel pump is putting out 60 psi and the pressure regulator in the pump is maintaining 29 psi, but I get no fuel from the pump to the intakes when I turn the engine over.

Thanks,

Rusty Tanner
    totjr@aol.com

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1486

Liked: 32

It's been awhile,but we used to send the units used on BMW's to diesel injection re-builders when we had any internal issues.
    John H.
    Reynard 88SF

Liked: 0

Apparantly the Kugel fisher injection was used on the BMW 2002 tii. Like azjc says, the BMW guys are probably worth talking to

Ian

Liked: 32

Quote Originally Posted by IDSRacing View Post
    Apparantly the Kugel fisher injection was used on the BMW 2002 tii. Like azjc says, the BMW guys are probably worth talking to

Ian
    Yes, used on the 2002tii from 72~74 in the USA. Also used on IMSA RS 2.0L engines in 2002 & 320i (E21), usually in a modified form. I used one in about 1981/2... don't have any info any longer. Miller & Norbun - BMW tuners in NC used them in their RS car, same with Kormann. Might see if they have any info.

BMW dealer would most likely be of no use, too old and took a real mechanic to diagnose
    John H.
    Reynard 88SF

Liked: 123

this may help get you started:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/view/66/32/

Liked: 17

Default Kügelfisher

Hello
    I had some problems with the injectors sticking when I should start the GRD ( http://hhtech.se/old/grd.htm )

Try to run the engine without the hoses connected to the injectors first to prime the hoses then connect the injectors. If no fuel comes from the hoses check that the small washers under the outlets on the pump are free and in right position (they work as a one way valve) you can also dissasemble the injectors and clean them.

Henrik
    "Trying is the first step towards faliure"
    Homer Simpson

www.hhtech.se

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    Hello
    I had some problems with the injectors sticking when I should start the GRD ( http://hhtech.se/old/grd.htm )

Try to run the engine without the hoses connected to the injectors first to prime the hoses then connect the injectors. If no fuel comes from the hoses check that the small washers under the outlets on the pump are free and in right position (they work as a one way valve) you can also dissasemble the injectors and clean them.

Henrik
    Henrik,
    Thanks for your help - I now have the engine running. Next question: Are the fuel lines from the pump to the injectors connected in numerical order, or in firing order? The pump is marked 1,2,3,4.

Thanks

Liked: 0

Default SV injection

If you have the engine running, you'v got it right! The pump #'s will refer to the cylinder positions of 1-4, starting at the front (cam gear end) to back. Tom

Contributing Member

Default Kugelfischer F.I.

Thanks for the reply. I knew that my statement probably made no sense, but at the time I only had it running, not running well.

Thread Information