Liked: 0

Default Is Ate Super Blue Castrol/Girling compatible?

The master cylinders in my Titan (not original - from a late 70s/early 80s rebuild) indicate only Castrol Girling fluid. Is Ate Super Blue brake fluid compatible with systems that call for Castrol Girling fluid?

alan

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Do not know.

But I have had cars with Girling Masters for 31 years and have used nothing but Castrol GT LMA and have only had one master fail and it was the clutch, which wears like crazy compared to the others due to the much greater travel it sees.

My advice is do not take a chance.

The cars were FSV and FC.

Liked: 610

Default ATE fluid

We have been using Cartel 570 brake fluid since the 70's and have not had any problems. Both the Cartel 570 (and soon 580) plus Castrol LMA, the old AP550, are Glycol based fluids. If your ATE is the same (and I think it is), it will not be a problem.
    Keith
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 0

Default ATE brake fluid

I use Ate Super Blue exclusively. I have used it in my Porsches, formula cars and bikes for years. It is recommended that you flush the old fluid out with the new ATE. It takes more fluid initially, but once all of the fluid is blue it should be fine. I have not experienced brake fade in any vehicle and have not seen any deterioration in either the lines or any of the seals. Good luck.

Thread Information