Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 Runoffs

Liked: 0

I am going to try to make it to the runoffs. I will likely be a last minute entry. It should be fun. I am doing the double national race for some practice.

Richard Stephens

Excellent!! You guys actually have a shot at more entries than the SRF.. Wouldn't that shock the socks off them??
    Erin

Liked: 29

i just took a look at the national results for each division, barring any remaining races that may not be listed, we only have 38 drivers who qualify (4 races, 3 finishes) for the run offs this year.

last year using the ARRC was less restrictive since as a regional race, everyone could enter.

even though 13 entries so far is low, if you look at most of the other classes, it is about average for the moment. we just have to wait for the fence sitters and people waiting for the charge to show up on next months CC billing to sign up.

Ok last time.. for now..

The deadline for Runoffs entries is this Friday night!!!!

Up to 15 cars entered now.. Come on guys!!
    Erin

ahhhh... other reasons to sign up now... from the GCR

D. Late Entries
    1. Entries shall be postmarked with a US Government Postmark
    by a date announced annually by the SCCA.
    2. An entrant who fails to file an entry application to the SCCA by
    the required date may apply for a late entry to the Club Racing
    Department. The application shall be accompanied by a NONREFUNDABLE
    late fee in the amount of two hundred dollars, payable to SCCA, in addition to the normal entry fee.

3. The late entry applicant forfeits any claim he or she may have
    to participate in SCCA Runoffs Travel Fund distribution or any
    contingency money that may be posted by the SCCA.
    4. A late entry applicant cannot bump or otherwise change the
    status of an entrant who has entered on time and has been
    accepted. The decision on acceptance of a late entrant may be
    made on a date announced annually by the SCCA.

Come on! 19 entries now!!! We need at least one more. Whos it going to be?
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Matt..

Talk to Zambo.. I talked to him Thursday and he was on the fence.. Maybe you can convince him..
    Erin

erin,

congrats on getting him to the fence....

when justin and i talked to him at Pocono he said no, must be a blond thing....

Erin,
    I tried to talk him in to it, but when he started to jump over the fence, he slipped and fell. Lol. Actually, he told me if he attended, then no one else would have a shot at the win. I simply agreed and payed him off to not come.
    Matthew Inge

Hmm.. Paying people to stay away so you can win.. Methinks that's no good.. I'll see you in Topeka pal........

Apparently my powers of persuasion aren't up to par at the moment..
    Erin

Liked: 9

Default Let the games begin . . .

Oh, I (foolishly) thought that this years FE Championship would go quietly into the night. Alas, the proverbial die has been cast.

Erin - True, I was wavering but ultimately financial reality has caught up with me. Soon enough, we all must pay the piper. Yes, yes your tempting promises of wearing the dog collar (See last year's ARRC post) and finally explaining the purpose of the surgically "enhanced". . .well let's just say is was a close call. Jumping fences aside, I had prepared for a different set of gymnastic events. Nevertheless, I will count the days to Road America.

Keith - I note the formidable team of Huffman/McDonald (a/k/a Mc-Huff Racing) will be making its way to the storied ground in Topeka. Hair color aside, I'm still making sure all of pieces on my car are firmly attached. After Pocono, I was a bit worried. With pieces coming off your car faster than a stripper with velcro clothing, I thought another nut and bolt check was in order. I have heard about reducing weight in the cars but really. Just a tip; that kind of "flat" thing attached to the nose of the car; yeah, you may need that. Also, the pedal on the right hand side; adjust the stop. ( Just kidding. I know you don't need to. The stop is all ready at it's maximum limit.)

Last (but certainly not least) Mr. Inge - The check is in the mail. I heard about your Atlanta gymnastics from earlier this year. FYI - save the helicopter maneuver for the ski slopes. Also, I saw the new racing suit you are/were going to debut at the Runoffs. (see attached.) Do us all a favor, check the rules 1st. Plus, that eye patch must be made out of nomex. Hokie or Peedee the Pirate? Hey, great choice!! To coin a phrase, "Do you get a free bowl of soup with that?" I'm not sure that the floppy foam sword will help you make weight.

Enough with the levity, let's get some real action going. Who is going to be the first FE Champ??

All the best,
    Zambo
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

Default Uhh OHhhh

Uncle Pirate,
    I hardly can remember the days of my famous gymnastic career. All I can say is I know what happens when the car in front of you at the start shuts off and the green flag is waving. All things considered, gymanstics is still more entertaining than Swimming and Diving. THeres only one person I know that wears that shirt proudly, and the truth be told here first, he assumes it pulls the women. Yeah thats right, swimming and diving apparently pulls women?!? I guess women are in to Speedos and shaved bodies.

Lucky for him, this was his competition and finally joined a real sport.

Now, I will wear the pirate suit if you wear the following.

* Zambo's nighttime job

That is all!
    Matthew Inge

Zambo..

I'm sorry to inform you that I have rescinded the dog collar offer.. I may allow for re-negotiations before next year's runoffs.
    Erin

Liked: 9

Default Et tu??

Matthew,

While I have tried out for dancing with the stars, I have not heard any complaints about my prowess. Gymnastics more exciting?? Swimming and diving pulling women, talk to Mr. Phelps. He's got a rough life right about now.

Nice picture but upon closer inspection, I think that's you. Every one knows you affinity for playing dress up. Come on; don't tell me that blackout affected your memory that much. It might be contagious. Mick at Pocono, You at Atlanta . . . who's next!!! Oh, I remember, Erin.

Erin - in order to rescind the offer, you have to get in the car. I've read of your SRF tales and success but, I am waiting for the FE edition. As for re-negotiation or, more accurately new negotiations, I'm always game. Road America IS my new favorite track.

Uncle Zambo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information