Liked: 0

Default Best Monoposto eligible shocks?

I'm having my original Armstrong shocks rebuilt, but it occurred to me that I may have taken a wrong path. Are modern but vintage eligible Spax or Koni or ? shocks better? If so, why?
    Are there recommendations for a modern equivalent?

Thanks,

-Doug
    1969 Lotus 61

Liked: 123

You can get a steel bodied, single adjustable Penske that's fully adjustable via shim stacks same as all their other ones. You can get nice double adjustable steel bodied Koni's that are very good. If you want to go cheaper, AVO's are very similar to Spax and are available single and double adjustable.

Brian

Liked: 0

any leads on actual model numbers and such, for the lotus 61/51, would be appreciated, as well as sources

Liked: 123

Call David at Britain West. He is a Penske dealer, and has put them on a lot of Monoposto cars including his Lotus 21. 519 756 1610

Brian

Liked: 2

Along these same shock lines; one of the Trak(sp?) Spax on my car is broken. Does anyone know a source for these state-side? Thanks.

Liked: 162

Last time I looked, it was Andy Antipas. 970/963-8297
    There is a glitch in the continuum...

Liked: 113

Default Koni Shocks

Contact Phil Harris with Truechoice. He is the Koni "Guru" He will be able to provide exactly what you need. If he has not already built a set, you will have to gather a few measurements and provide spring size and weight. I would not necessary rely on the Armstrong length, as it might not be correct for the Koni. You will need to discuss bump stop usage and free length/droop.

A step of Koni 8211 series are oil bath, double adjustable and steel bodied. The 8212 is the aluminum version, but might not be allowed.

Chris
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

Thread Information