Liked: 11

Default What Body is This?

1972 Elden Mk 8 (or early 10 - there is no serial number/ build plate)

Question: is this an Elden body?

I cannot find a photo of any mk 8 or 10 that has this body. Also, there are a few body mounting points that are NOT used. So it seems that it is not an Elden body.

But the body fits really well. The convex "bump" next to the shifter is in exactly the right spot, and the "wing" on the the lower bodywork that extends beyond the firewall to the engine compartment (sits atop the frame rail below the motor) also fits perfectly.

But no other Elden seems to have this body.

Key design elements to help aid in identification: note how the upper body below the cockpit is concave and also note the little concave "bubble" in the bodywork on the right front (what is this for, anyway?). Also, the "wing" I mentioned above seems pretty unique (in photo #4).

Also, it appears that the nose was shortened, so that might not be a clue because I don't think it's original (for whatever body it is).

Besides just wanting to solve the mystery, I mainly just want to get an engine cover!

Any info wouid be appreciated. Thanks.

Pen
    Last edited by EffOne; 11.06.07 at 2:42 AM.

Thread Information