Thread: Talon F5000

Liked: 0

Default Talon F5000

I am looking for any and all information regarding the Talon F5000 cars. Specifically I am looking for how many were built, where they are today, how to differentiate the GM-1 from the GM-1A, and if the cars were marked in any way such as a roll bar stamp or chassis tag.
    I have checked the usual internet resources with only moderate success. Any good memories out there?
    Many thanks in advance. K Heil

Liked: 29

Default Talon F-5000

Quote Originally Posted by kheil View Post
    I am looking for any and all information regarding the Talon F5000 cars. Specifically I am looking for how many were built, where they are today, how to differentiate the GM-1 from the GM-1A, and if the cars were marked in any way such as a roll bar stamp or chassis tag.
    I have checked the usual internet resources with only moderate success. Any good memories out there?

A very good source of information is at OldRacingCars.com

Jim Gustafson
    Road Racing Since 1970

Liked: 17

Default Talon F5000

You should try to track down Jack McCormack since he is the one who built the Talons in San Juan Capistrano, CA. His brother Dennis is still active in pro racing; I just don't remember which series. You could also try to talk with Sam Posey, who might know where Jack is today.
    GaryJ

Default talon

Hi I'm in New zealand and there is a very good F5000 feild over here including a Talon .Try googling New zealand F5000 or similar ( sorry I don't have the web site) and they may be able to help you. or try " hampton downs" as this is a new track being built here and one of the top men is Tony Roberts who is also very high in the F500 ranks ( and I think used to own the Talon). Good luck, If you have no luck finding either of these let me know and i will dig deeper,
    Regards Ian Staples.

Great suggestions all. Many Thanks kh

Liked: 7

You could also contact Michael Brayton the Wolf Can-Am car he raced in the late 1970's was a converted Talon. He now has a ultrasonic cleaning service.

weclean@pacbell.net

Default Talon 5000

Thanks for the lead Swede9. It's sometimes tough just to FIND these folks!
    KH

Liked: 1

Default AS

Ian was saying, there was two Talons here in New Zealand, and if You Goggle New Zealand F5000 Assoc you should get hold of them, and Tony Roberts is a man to talk to. the F500 scene is very big over here, and Tony is one of the King pins in this, and is building up what will be one of NZ's most interesting motor circuits, called Hampton Downs, and hopefully it will be open next year, and I for one will be there! can't wait
    Roger

Roger,

found his Email and sent off a message- waiting for reply, Thanks for the lead.

Default Talon in CA

Quote Originally Posted by kheil View Post
    I know this an old post, but I just watched a F5000 Talon race at Sears Point last Sunday.
    E-mail me @ hcabplanalp@ucdavis.edu for details if your still interested
    I used to work on this car in '75 and help re-body it in aluminum for the 77 Can-Am series.

Hans

Liked: 80

Default funny how some things happen.....

My flickr stats said that someone had viewed my Talon pic of Mike Brockman. They had found it through a google search.

I checked out the search and found this link....

http://www.myf5000.com/for_sale_talon_mr1_78.html

Says that 5 were built.

Here's the link to my Talon snap.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4668198...57626135973193

It's in my F5000 set.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4668198...7626135973193/

I don't have a lot of F5000 stuff but eventually the good ones will make it into the set.
    Last edited by marc sproule; 01.28.13 at 11:01 PM.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

to contact Sam Posey, google David Hobbs. He has a car dealership IIRC in Wisconsin.

He will know how to get in touch.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Posey will be at the Amelia Island Concours

Thread Information