Liked: 0

Default Hawke DL9 Owners?

I've just aquired a Hawke DL9 as a collection of parts. Are there any listers who would be willing to share some pictures of their car sans body work? One area I'm particulary interested in is the twin radiator mounting setup. I've attached a few photos. Thanks.

Hi nice project !

My friend just bought a hawke but I think it's a 1975. so probably a dl12.

Anyway good luck with yours.
    Last edited by danielturbo; 10.26.07 at 9:55 AM.
    Formula Ford - Magnum MKIV

Contributing Member
    Liked: 18

Default I had one,

I might have some pictures, did the car come from Michigan?

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 109

Default Hawke....

Hi,

You may have some luck with the Hawke Registry: http://www.vintagegarage.com/hregs.html

Corky!
    (Former owner: DL12 10444)

Default Hawke DL9 from Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by fvracerone1 View Post
    I might have some pictures, did the car come from Michigan?
    It does have the remnants of a Waterford Hills tech sticker on the cockpit surround. There is an SCCA number stamped on the top of the roll bar. Do you still know the number your car had?

Liked: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Mal_DL9 View Post
    I've just aquired a Hawke DL9 as a collection of parts. Are there any listers who would be willing to share some pictures of their car sans body work? One area I'm particulary interested in is the twin radiator mounting setup. I've attached a few photos. Thanks.
    hi
    i am just finishing our hawke dl9 after a huge shunt 4years ago,i suggest we talk i am looking for a hawke seat as our car did not have one ,it also has a non standard nose the same as yours,looking through the hawke regestary, it should have a blunt round nose. any way it would be good to talk to another fool with a hawke .regards alan

Liked: 146

I have an original Hawke DL11 spare seat. It is a fiberglass seat, covered in foam and plastic.

I have never understood that we spend a lot of money in dressing in fireproof clothes, but sit on a flamable seat, that if it burns wilx give off toxic smoke.

I use an alluminium sheet formed seat, that is upolstered in fire proof fabric.

Liked: 2

found somewhere dont remember where. .if anibody have pictures of the dl-9 .with any kind of nose to share they would be very welcome

Thread Information