Liked: 0

Default VFF wheel/tire height and initial set-up of suspension

I have a Titan Mk 6 that I have mostly disassembled and am now reassembling.

Since the suspension arms were disassembled, plated and one a-arm replaced, I need to readjust the suspension.

I know what ride height, caster, camber, etc. that I want to run. I have the chassis on stands and the suspension on the car with no dampers. I have measured and confirmed that the upper upright mounts are the same distance out from the centerline and the same distance back from the front bulkhead (and the pick-up points on the chassis are square and centered on the centerline).

What I propose to do is jack up each corner to the nominal ride height, measure the caster and camber and adjust them to what I want at the lower a-arm. Will this work or am I missing something?

If this is sane, I need the height for the wheel/tire combination used in VFF. If I ever get my car back together, I will be running with SOVREN if that makes a difference. There is still one tire that is used in the front and another used in the rear, right?

Thanks in advance.

alan

Liked: 492

The front tires have a diameter of about 21".......and the rears about 22.7". Measuring the camber and caster that way is a good place to start, then check the alignment again when it is on the ground.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 492

Sorry, I missed part of your post. I usually set both lower "A" arms to the same dimensions, and make the camber and caster adjustments off the top camber link and trailing arms.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 0

Thanks, Roland.

Hey, you wouldn't happen to have photos of the Mk6 that you are selling lying around? I have a big collection of Mk6 photos that I check out when I am trying to figure out how something should go together on my car.

Thread Information