Liked: 0

Default Adapter plate vs. Lola

Has anyone had any problems with a Webster Adapter plate on a Lola 342? The shift linkage rubs on the case. Before I go after it with a grinder, I thought I would try to get some sage advice.

Mike

Liked: 490

Not sure about the Lola, but on most cars I have to cut the center starter flange off(the 3rd bolt, unused by most starters), and sometimes notch it a bit for the shifter.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 123

You can bend the shift linkage a bit, or you can clearance the adaptor plate a bit, you can do both. It's tight there. The Webster plate is just that much stouter than the Hewland, plus of course the extra boss for the third bolt.

Brian

I had the same issue with an 82 Reynard, get out the grinder.
    Like a roll of toilet paper,
    life goes faster as you near the end.

Contributing Member bryancohnracing's Avatar
    Liked: 16

Default Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mike, that's the sound of the death wheel on you shiney nice aluminum adapter.

I'd advise not bending the shift linkage unless you can ensure you bend it in the exact right spot in the correct direction.

So. how close is this project to being a rolling, running racecar?
    Bryan Cohn
    bryancohnracing@yahoo.com
    417-540-2595 text

Default Der Lola

Quote Originally Posted by bryancohnracing View Post
    Mike, that's the sound of the death wheel on you shiney nice aluminum adapter.

I'd advise not bending the shift linkage unless you can ensure you bend it in the exact right spot in the correct direction.

So. how close is this project to being a rolling, running racecar?
    Close? You ask about close? Well it is coming along. I don't think Hallett on 04/01/07 will work. However, Blackhawk might do. I worked on it to 0100 last night and then realized, "the race is not tomorrow." Are you thinking about Blackhawk in June?

Mike

Contributing Member bryancohnracing's Avatar
    Liked: 16

Default My schedule

is about as up in the air as one could get. I know I'll make GIR March 20 something (last weekend in March). Basically that will be a chance to shake off the rust and run in the new Dunlops. I'm going to give them a shot this year and see how it goes.

After that, it's pretty much up in the air! I have a schedule outlined but it's not firm sicne my travel for NASA comes first and I have 20 weekends on my plate this year. ugh.....
    Bryan Cohn
    bryancohnracing@yahoo.com
    417-540-2595 text

Thread Information