Liked: 0

Default FF fuel cell size

What is the current FF fuel cell size????? - I thought when I was racing a LOTUS 51 in the dark ages we were limited to 6.1 gal. - I see in the GCR that my FC can carry over 10 gal.
    HELP please

Jim

Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default Fuel Cell Size

Jim, I don't think there's any size called for or limited by any FF rules. The last two cells I replaced were both 6 gal. - one in a 342 and another in a Z16 - a size which will easily take you through to the end of any Regional or National race.

Liked: 1

John is absolutely correct. I have cells that range from 5-7 gallons and never completely fill them, and in some case, only by half, just so I could get through the heat. No need for excess weight. A 10 gallon tank would be helpful in enduros, but that is about it. The Lotus 51 only had a 5-6 gallon tank and the T340 series had a provision for another cell in the opposite side pod, but that was only Lolas way of cutting costs by using the same fuel distributor for its larger Formula cars i.e. F2/FA in the FF's of the period.

Liked: 47

Jim,

Are you looking to buy a new cell. If so, I have a brand new cell that might work for you.

Ian Lenhart
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

thanks guys - I have a new cell sized up by ad ex crew guy - do not want to install cell and modify/remake a seat then take out the mess for not being legal

caretaker for MISS LOLA & 84 REYNARD & PORSCHE 914

makes for busy weekends to keep owner happy

thanks again

Jim

Liked: 1

Ian, I'm looking for a cell, please e-mail me, Thanks Allan

Can I get away with a 4 gallon fuel cell? The ATL FC-140 is a perfect fit for the space on my Titan Mk. 6. Everyone that I have spoken with has said that 4 gal. is OK, what I have read here seems to indicate otherwise.

alan

Liked: 123

I tend to use between 2.5 and 3 gallons per 20 minute session. If you have no pickup problems, 4 gallons would seem to be adequate. Don't be looking to run any enduro's...

SCCA races tend to be longer than vintage race sessions, I think.

Brian

Thread Information