Liked: 0

Default LD 20 Replacements?

OK, going down the list of things to look at changing on the car to meet the F1k rules, and seems to me that stopping would be a good thing. Stopping with 4 pot calipers maybe even better than the LD20s I have now. Has anybody looked into a viable replcement for the LD10/19 in an aluminum housing with 4 pots? Not a big deal for the Stohr and Phoenix guys, but for us conversion folks this seems like a good investment. I have found a few that would require a modification to make them fit. Thanks in advance!
    Ian MacLeod
    "Happy Hour: 5:00 - 5:30"
    Tatuus F1k

Liked: 11

I also looked into this but found that it would require some machining and $$ to get better calipers. The ap ld20s are a bit heavy but seem to work pretty well. If weight is an issue you can buy ICP's calipers that mount the same and use the same pads. I've got the ICP 19s on the back and they are pretty good also.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1486

AP makes an aluminum replacement for the LD19s and 20s - $$$

Doug Learned used to cut the ears off of swift uprights and weld on new ones to put big wilwood brakes on the Olds Pro CSRs, he could probably do the same for you guys

Liked: 1

I think that the '06 Van Diemen pro car has Ally calipers, but they may not fit?
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Liked: 123

I bet the Wilwood IR-GT4R radial mount caliper will work. it comes in a narrow (.3" disc width) configuration, and has a radial mount so you can fabricate a proper adaptor to your mount. The Billet NDLR is also radial mount, is the basic Dynalite ubiquitous on smaller cars but with radial mount flexibility.

Browsing through their catalog there are several 3.5" mount calipers but they are configured for far larger discs than we use, so they won't actually work.

Check them out, I'd post a link but I can't get that to work on this forum.

Cheers, Brian

Thread Information